Darren Appleton's World 8 Ball Series 2017

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruslan is a pure animal. I have been watching pool 25 years and I have never seen, ever, the offensive display he put on to win the straight pool at the derby, I forget the year. He had guys like Mika missing dead straight balls, kid you jot if you haven't seen it you've gotta watch like the last three matches he plays. He was kicking balls in and stuff it was out of this world pool. I think if there were million dollar prizes in pool he'd be every bit as good as svb orcollo etc.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruslan is a pure animal. I have been watching pool 25 years and I have never seen, ever, the offensive display he put on to win the straight pool at the derby, I forget the year. He had guys like Mika missing dead straight balls, kid you jot if you haven't seen it you've gotta watch like the last three matches he plays. He was kicking balls in and stuff it was out of this world pool. I think if there were million dollar prizes in pool he'd be every bit as good as svb orcollo etc.

Ruslan beat Shane when Shane thought he was going to fly to Russia and steal. It was some abnormal breaking rule that Shane wasn't use to.

I think Ruslan had won from Dennis gambling in the backroom at DCC too.

He might be sandbaggin to have a 779 Fargo. 779 isn't going to play Shane and Dennis even.

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ruslan beat Shane when Shane thought he was going to fly to Russia and steal. It was some abnormal breaking rule that Shane wasn't use to.

I think Ruslan had won from Dennis gambling in the backroom at DCC too.

He might be sandbaggin to have a 779 Fargo. 779 isn't going to play Shane and Dennis even.

Fargorate doesn't mean much at the top level they can all runout...it depends if the player is on or off and if his break is working..Fargorate is good to judge amateur players but for pros it doesnt mean much really.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fargorate doesn't mean much at the top level they can all runout...it depends if the player is on or off and if his break is working..Fargorate is good to judge amateur players but for pros it doesnt mean much really.

Top 5 fargo(Wu, Shane, Dennis, Neils, Shaw 810), more often than not will beat the Fargo 775-780 players(Rodney, Archer, Earl). At least they are solid favorites.

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
someone fb stream the shootout pls, or at least record it :)
It wasn't very exciting. Don't see the fascination with it myself. There were any one of about 25 racks in that match that were more exciting. The breaking rules definitely left some hard layouts after the break.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guess-

Johan Ruijsink has and continues coaching the Russian youth- which includes Chinahov!

And it's for the record-
It's RUSLAN CHINAHOV (no K) :cool:

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Johan Ruijsink has and continues coaching the Russian youth- which includes Chinahov!

And it's for the record-
It's RUSLAN CHINAHOV (no K) :cool:

Ruslan was down and looked beaten by Boyes last night. Boyes looked unstoppable in every one of his previous matches. Then Boyes scratched on the break and from that point on, Ruslan kept him in his chair for almost the rest of the match. I think Boyes had one decent shot in the last six racks. The winner breaks format was exactly what Ruslan needed. His break was excellent and he crushed Boyes for the last 1/2 hour of the match.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Ruslan up 9-4 on Lee Van in the final. Not always playing the best patterns maybe but getting out. Also his break is huge. Crushing them and making a ball every time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk