Deleting Threads

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I did a search for this topic I got a result but it did not answer the question I have.

Is there a way for an OP to delete their own thread? If the answer is no then why cant there be?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When I did a search for this topic I got a result but it did not answer the question I have.

Is there a way for an OP to delete their own thread? If the answer is no then why cant there be?

You can delete a post but not a thread....I'm good with that.
If you could delete a thread, then you could delete other people's posts....
....that I'm not good with.....only the mods can delete a thread.

This ain't FaceBook

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
We dont own it.

We dont own the site and most wont even Gold Member it.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So then if a person creates a thread that causes harm to another person or business or individuals that read a thread to threaten the original poster outside of this forum because of a posting. There is no way for the original poster to remove the thread they created?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So then if a person creates a thread that causes harm to another person or business or individuals that read a thread to threaten the original poster outside of this forum because of a posting. There is no way for the original poster to remove the thread they created?

They can PM Mr Wilson, AZHousePro, or Jerry Forsyth and ask for it to be deleted.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
They can PM Mr Wilson, AZHousePro, or Jerry Forsyth and ask for it to be deleted.

True, but a person should exercise caution when doing so.
A friend of mine, who was a member here, made a request for one of his posts to be deleted. He had regretted some of the things he'd said and wanted to make it right.
We were playing One Pocket one afternoon when all of a sudden he began to slowly disappear. I was angry at first because it left me having to pay for the table time, but then I remembered him telling me about contacting a moderator about deleting a post.
I never new Chucklz65 had that much power. Wow! :smile:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
True, but a person should exercise caution when doing so.
A friend of mine, who was a member here, made a request for one of his posts to be deleted. He had regretted some of the things he'd said and wanted to make it right.
We were playing One Pocket one afternoon when all of a sudden he began to slowly disappear. I was angry at first because it left me having to pay for the table time, but then I remembered him telling me about contacting a moderator about deleting a post.
I never new Chucklz65 had that much power. Wow! :smile:

You don't want to know where he reappeared either!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll tell you why......because not deleting threads avoids erasing footprints in the Az database.
You are asking for privileges that a member does not need nor deserve nor require.
Anyone can delete an self-embarrassing post or a statement you later come to regret.
However, you still cannot remove the posts generated by other Forum members as replies.
Maintaining the thread preserves an audit trail and also protects the core database. Research
needs are better facilitated and also more accurate as well. User authorization privileges are
better controlled and there are a lot more reasons too......this would become a very bad thing.