Denis Searing makes the BEST Coffee of all Cue Makers

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know there has been lots of coffee talk, and this is a pool forum, So In keeping with the rules, I wanted to talk about pool and stay with the current trend of coffee.

So I was thinking about it, and last summer I was at Denis's shop lots of times and this guy, forget his cues, makes AMAZING coffee, we talked about it, he is really into it.

Then a few months go past we dont speak and early one morning I get a TXT os a beautiful cup of coffee, then a pic of a machine. Denis went out and got himself a new machine for his shop. perhaps he will build cues faster now-had to say it D sorry:eek::eek::wink:

There was Billiards and Bagles in Oregon for years. Perhaps we shall see Billiards and Coffee soon enough.

anyways thats my coffee story of the day, perhaps Denis will say something on this thread,

best

Eric

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Jim always had hot coco or soda, never coffee. Never saw a bagel there either. Always had country on too.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will need a new tip soon on my cue and maybe some shaft cleanup for me and my son, when I go see Mike Webb for that, I'll ask how his coffee is :smile:

We'll see which cue maker makes the best coffee.

With everyone that posts "I was at so and so's shop last night", I'm sure we can get some food battles. Who makes the best burger? Pancakes?

I bet Diekman would make some killer brownies ;):D

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one thing i have noticed over the years is most cue makers are hardcore into what ever they do, the top guys. I think thats a personality trait that is necessary to be the among best at what they do, I can name 4 or 5 cue makers that have that similar personality. And their customers are much the same.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Owning a coffee machine more complex than a Bunn-O-Matic is a good hint that you might be insane. :D

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Owning a coffee machine more complex than a Bunn-O-Matic is a good hint that you might be insane. :D

Well for making coffee yes-But keeping it decent for more than 30 min, you need a thermos container or turn it right off and heat with a microwave later.

anyone who disagrees with this should wear shoe boxes for shoes.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well for making coffee yes-But keeping it decent for more than 30 min, you need a thermos container or turn it right off and heat with a microwave later.

anyone who disagrees with this should wear shoe boxes for shoes.

anyone who dont drink their coffee in 30 minutes has issues.....:p:):)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is the free coffee at the House of Billiards in SaMo?

i drank it once, strong as i recall. i eat a doughnut once in a blu moon there. i usually stick to Red Bull when i'm in action.

I'll be there robbing everyone again pretty soon, get on me when you see me, you cant lose.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Cain's coffee

Not to derail...but in that other thread I threw down some crumbs regarding Cain's out of Tulsa.

Do they still offer commercial service ?

The reason I need to find out is because that was my favorite coffee to drink while shooting pool. ;)

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have

I know there has been lots of coffee talk, and this is a pool forum, So In keeping with the rules, I wanted to talk about pool and stay with the current trend of coffee.

So I was thinking about it, and last summer I was at Denis's shop lots of times and this guy, forget his cues, makes AMAZING coffee, we talked about it, he is really into it.

Then a few months go past we dont speak and early one morning I get a TXT os a beautiful cup of coffee, then a pic of a machine. Denis went out and got himself a new machine for his shop. perhaps he will build cues faster now-had to say it D sorry:eek::eek::wink:

There was Billiards and Bagles in Oregon for years. Perhaps we shall see Billiards and Coffee soon
anyways thats my coffee story of the day, perhaps Denis will say something on this thread,

best

Eric

Eric I know you have been to Tony's shop in College Park.I have ever been there but do know Tony well and it is hard to believe after what Tony told me about the way he makes coffee that anyone can touch him in that department.He roast his own selected coffee beans. Maybe he and Dennis can start their own coffee chain and call it Bigbucks.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searing,,,,,,,,,,,,

What's his waiting list like for a Latte,,,,???

''Have a Funny on me''......

Alan,,,,,,

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric I know you have been to Tony's shop in College Park.I have ever been there but do know Tony well and it is hard to believe after what Tony told me about the way he makes coffee that anyone can touch him in that department.He roast his own selected coffee beans. Maybe he and Dennis can start their own coffee chain and call it Bigbucks.

i know Tony is hardcore into it as well, when i was there 3 or 4 times we didnt make coffee, i think we should have the coffee showdown. and see who really makes the best coffee, forget the cues

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to derail...but in that other thread I threw down some crumbs regarding Cain's out of Tulsa.

Do they still offer commercial service ?

The reason I need to find out is because that was my favorite coffee to drink while shooting pool. ;)

not a derail at all, its all about the coffee around here.

if you find out or anyone else please speak up!!!!:thumbup:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My oldest boy has been in coffee since he was 15, illegally busing tables for Uncommon Grounds here in Saratoga Springs, NY. He turns 30 in a couple weeks, so that's 15 years experience. He's now down in Brooklyn working for Blue Bottle Coffee, which makes the best cuppa Joe in the Metropolitan NY area. They have a buyer who is constantly discovering small estate coffees with subtle qualities you have to taste to understand.

Best part is I've been getting the best coffees in the world for next to nothing all this time. He sends me a CARE package of freshly roasted beans every week or so, or every time they over-roast (they only keep roasted coffee for about four days, then give it to the help or toss it). I am spoiled for life now, so if he ever gets out of the coffee business, I'm gonna have to face the fact that my coffee costs up to $45/lb. retail, and I may need a part-time job just to support my habit.:eek:

Check out their site, it's pretty impressive.

http://www.bluebottlecoffee.com/

Their espresso machines cost about as much as a BMW, but they make a perfect extraction in the hands of a trained pro. If any of you are coming to the 14.1 event at Steinway and you find yourself in Brooklyn (which you probably will, like it or not, lol) go to the Berry. St location and ask for Nic. He'll set you up with a latte to die for. This ain't no Starbuck's latte grande shit (or grande latte or whatever), this is the real deal, complete with a temporary work of art floating on the top.

Now...

Maybe, just maybe, Dennis will sneak me up to the top of his list if I agree to provide him with a steady source of Burundi Pierre C.O.E. or the like. Just a thought, nothing more.:cool: