Dennis 10 pack vs SVB from last match is now on Youtube!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Impressive for sure, but even though I’m assuming they were tour cut diamond pockets, those pockets were playing way too huge for these players, in my opinion.

In the second game Dennis runs, he has a tough shot on the 1-ball he’s cutting all the way down the long rail, just over the 8 minute mark of the above video. The inside edge of the 1-ball is sitting approximately 2 inches off the side cushion nose 3/4 of the table length away from the pocket.

I stopped the frame just before the ball enters the pocket, and the inside edge of the ball is still at least 1-1/2 inches off the side cushion nose, and goes straight in off the end cushion pocket facing without even rattling. That one loose shot is all I needed to see, and I didn’t bother watching beyond that.
They're still 4.5" corners with Diamond's pocket angles and deep shelves. The cloth was 2 weeks old . Saw Shane bobble some balls that went in too .

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a great run, but what's up with the two at the back of the rack every time? The one and the two end up near each other at the head of the the table every time, and the wing ball is wired. I consider that pattern racking. There certainly are more impressive packages that have been run. Still a great run but the conditions were very favorable.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It was a great run, but what's up with the two at the back of the rack every time? The one and the two end up near each other at the head of the the table every time, and the wing ball is wired. I consider that pattern racking. There certainly are more impressive packages that have been run. Still a great run but the conditions were very favorable.

They agreed to that stipulation . 2 on that spot and no same pattern all the time .

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're still 4.5" corners with Diamond's pocket angles and deep shelves. The cloth was 2 weeks old . Saw Shane bobble some balls that went in too .
Obviously, great players know how to take advantage of the equipment they are playing on. If they were tighter pockets, he probably would have split it dead center!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they claim so.. i never seen more.
There's crappy video of Ko's 11 rack steal on Dennis but you can't really see anything either. In the sidebar of this match there's the finale from the previous 120 where DO does the same thing - banks the one high and ends up dead out. He does this real comical schtick running around the table every rack. Probably bonked SVB more than the swing itself.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They agreed to that stipulation . 2 on that spot and no same pattern all the time .
I understood that it was agreed upon. Imo, it does take something away from the feat, or I should say that a 10 pack accomplished with a truly random rack would be more impressive.

To be sure, it certainly was impressive. That stipulation was put in there to guarantee packages run. If you position back up table your odds of getting shape on the first ball in the run is astronomical. Both the 1 and the two finish up table every time. Seems gaffy to me.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think table plays like normal Diamond table with pro cut pockets and really slick cloth. See how little he uses speed on many shots and cueball just goes around. That why it also break so easy. I think i gotta try play some Ghost and try copy that break. :)
He really is Robocop. That was some inhuman perfect play. Table is just perfect condition and he delivers!

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow Dennis used a carbon shaft. Anyone know what brand he went with or sponsor shaft he used?

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neils did 27 8 ball break and runs in a row I believe matlock did the same... also heard SVB did 27. Apparently 27 is the magic number to break.
U got something wrong there. It is Ralf Souquet who have 27 racks in 8-ball. and Niels have ran 17 racks in practice match on 9-ball...

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Finally got around to watching this...wow! Those in the booth lost count, tried to add one, but didn't detract from how great it was...

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magic rack and pattern racking makes it much easier to run racks. A 11 pack before magic racks and pattern racking is much more difficult since there is no guarantee you will make a ball on the break and patterns are more random. See my comment by Richardson below.

Last edited: