Detroit shortstop John B had his cues stolen. Pics.

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you play pool you’re my friend. I don’t know this local shortstop well. I’ve never heard a bad word spoken about John in 25years plus. This morning I read that Detroit player John B had a his cues stolen from his car most recently.
Today is Feb. 14, 2023.
Here are pics of John B. cues. They are quite distinct in appearance.

Lets help a brother out.
Thanks,
Eddie
1676390505589.jpeg

1676390527605.jpeg

1676390558637.jpeg

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are those two butts Predator or Steve Titus?

I’m assuming it’s John Binion. Good guy for sure

eddieindetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim. I can still remember Fabians place Emerald Cue across from the Oakland County Airport. Seems like forever back.
Unfortunately I don’t know anything at all about what cues J.B. is playing these days. I don’t know anything about Predator cues. I just assumed the striped buts were custom for some reason. Probably cause J.B. can play 9-ball so smooth. I could wield a cue stick blessed by the gods and I wouldn’t beat you at one hole or J.B. at nine ball.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stealing a players cues is about the worst assault you can put on another man, short of killing him.

Take my $, car, rat me out-what ever. Don’t take my cue!

Just had this conversation with a friend(player).

Hope he recovers his cues

Fatboy

btal

Registered
John is a very talented and exceptional person. The butts for his cues were made by Mike Pancerny (an excellent local cue maker) ........ very distinct ....... gorgeous dymondwood. Easy to spot. Hope someone does spot 'em, the thief gets caught and JB gets his cues back. At this point, sad news for sure!

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve got a 12 piece dymondwood butt made by Steve Titus. I’m not familiar with Mike Pancerny

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John is so beloved and his cues are so unique. Lots of people keeping an eye out for him.

He let me practice with his playing cue at a tournament about a year ago when I was admiring it. Really generous guy.