Diamond Ball Polisher issue...

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it only takes 60-90 seconds, why does the timer have such a high setting?
No clue, but probably because the timing mechanism they use when making the machine goes that high, which may be needed for different contraptions. The timer on my Bludworth cleaner goes to 5 minutes, but I only turn the dial to the 3 o'clock position, which gives it 75 seconds - which I find is plenty.

Last edited:

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
A friend has temporarily loaned me his Diamond ball polisher.

I use a little (say penny to nickel sized) drop of Aramith ball cleaner on top of each ball, then set it to go.

After a few minutes the balls start to slow their spin, and often times lock up and the machine will reject the center piece (sometimes rejecting a few balls in the process).

To avoid this I have a spray bottle of water and when it starts to seize up I spray the balls to give them some lube.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I would have thought it should be a set it and forget it operation instead of a watch the pot boil one.

When I use the Diamond ball polisher the sprocket will come flying out every time I Aramith Ball Cleaner. I recommend the Meguirs Cleaner Wax or the Meguirs Ulitimate Quik Detailer for frequent cleaning.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

Well I went out and tried spinning a set with no product. Low and behold they spun freely without hesitation.

Couple drops of cleaner and after a few seconds they slowed, but did not freeze. Once again, less is more.

I was able to take the outside strip out (it’s velcroed on), wash it, and re install it upside down so the worn part wasn’t where the balls were.

Internet is so awesome, I got feedback from:

A: The guy who designed it.
B: The guy who originally sold it.
C: Many experienced users.

Thanks much.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Just so everyone is aware, the aramith ball cleaner was not designed to be used in a ball polisher machine, it was designed for hand polishing the balls.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Curious how it would know the difference?

Read the instructions, buff with a clean cloth. The aramith ball polish was builds up on the buffing surface of a ball polisher like a clay compound until it can't pack down the buffing surface anymore.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Read the instructions, buff with a clean cloth. The aramith ball polish was builds up on the buffing surface of a ball polisher like a clay compound until it can't pack down the buffing surface anymore.
What is the right product to use with a machine???

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been using the Aramith Ball Polish compound in a diamond ball polisher for years without a problem. As another poster noted, you can go a few days without polish and just give the balls a spin in the paddy wagon.

As to other products, Dan White, frequent poster here and partial science nerd, evaluated different products for polishing pool balls a few years ago, and what he found, and documented in photos, was that different products dramatically change how much the balls throw. And, if I recall his post correctly, his tests showed that the best product to polish pool balls, in the interests of consistent throw, was Aramith Ball Polish:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=388405

So basically, while something like Novus1, or perhaps McGuire's, will shine your balls up nicely, it's going to change how they play and it will wear off at a rate that is also going to affect play, more so than the Aramith product, specifically developed for pool balls. YMMV.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I've been using the Aramith Ball Polish compound in a diamond ball polisher for years without a problem. As another poster noted, you can go a few days without polish and just give the balls a spin in the paddy wagon.

As to other products, Dan White, frequent poster here and partial science nerd, evaluated different products for polishing pool balls a few years ago, and what he found, and documented in photos, was that different products dramatically change how much the balls throw. And, if I recall his post correctly, his tests showed that the best product to polish pool balls, in the interests of consistent throw, was Aramith Ball Polish:

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=388405

So basically, while something like Novus1, or perhaps McGuire's, will shine your balls up nicely, it's going to change how they play and it will wear off at a rate that is also going to affect play, more so than the Aramith product, specifically developed for pool balls. YMMV.

Lou Figueroa

Besides building up in the polisher, the aramith cleaner also transfers build up to the use of the cushions and inside the pockets on the facings, and starts turning all the ball contact points on the cloth yellow with build up.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides building up in the polisher, the aramith cleaner also transfers build up to the use of the cushions and inside the pockets on the facings, and starts turning all the ball contact points on the cloth yellow with build up.

As I said: I have been using Aramith Ball Cleaner, in a diamond ball polisher, for years without a problem.

I will also note that contrary to your opinion that "the aramith ball cleaner was not designed to be used in a ball polisher machine, it was designed for hand polishing the balls" the folks at Aramith believe their product will work fine with an "electric buffer." I'm guessing that's just a mis-translation from Dutch to English for "ball polisher."

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpg
    IMG_3331.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
The Aramith cleaner builds up in the carpet like clay and packs it down reducing the buffing ability of the machine. When I designed it, I did so for the use of the Maguires cleaner wax in a paste, just a little goes a long way. But as is, you're using way to much Aramith cleaner as it first builds up on the surface of the balls and carpet and creates a lot of friction until the ball polisher runs the excess cleaner off the balls....where so you think all that cleaner ends up at??

Hi Glen,

Accidentally poured some beer into one of the two compartments in our pool rooms Diamond ball cleaner. We're space limited so this may have happened before. Any suggestions beside changing the rotating pad?

Lyn

DappleHillJim

Registered
Sure...whatever works for you. I set my timer for 15 minutes. If it is important to you, you may run some definitive test, aiming, i guess for the least possible time. Me? I set my timer for 15 minutes.

bob c

In the Eye of the Storm
Silver Member
What is the best best method to get rid of the black/brown spots left on balls from Diamond pockets?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best best method to get rid of the black/brown spots left on balls from Diamond pockets?

Aramith Billiard Ball Cleaner

- perhaps use the hand sanitizer (on your hands only) after you clean the ball

7ec535596b5b2604b9bce085fd7ffb87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hi Glen,

Accidentally poured some beer into one of the two compartments in our pool rooms Diamond ball cleaner. We're space limited so this may have happened before. Any suggestions beside changing the rotating pad?

Lyn

Replacing the carpet pas is easy.