Diamond Ball Washer

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I plan on going to the Super Billiards Expo this year...Anyone know if the Diamond stand will have their ball washers available for sale or better yet on sale?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was hoping there might be a few Diamond reps on here...If not, I'll have to reach out to them before the expo
Look up the vendors that are displaying ..... Contact directly now. Maybe someone can help you.

Last edited:

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look up the vendors that are displaying ..... Contact directly now. Maybe someone can help you.
Thanks for the link...Just sent them an e-mail. I will report back in case someone else may be interested

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the link...Just sent them an e-mail. I will report back in case someone else may be interested
If you can’t get one keep checking in with Seybert’s.............. hey nice Mustang

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I plan on going to the Super Billiards Expo this year...Anyone know if the Diamond stand will have their ball washers available for sale or better yet on sale?
Can contact Manning Cues who is the main Diamond dealer. He can bring you one there.

Like everything else, the price has gone up.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not as fast as Diamond.

Well over 30% increase in 3 years.
One of the clearest examples of a company's price control through dealerships.

No justification for this, other than they can.
Try building one before you determine if they are overcharging or not. I built my own with the help of RKC because I wanted a machine that fit the Gold Crown theme of my room. Parts were around $400 not including wood. If you factor in the wood and the labor/tooling involved in making one you realize pretty quick Diamond isn't getting rich selling ball polishers.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Y
Try building one before you determine if they are overcharging or not. I built my own with the help of RKC because I wanted a machine that fit the Gold Crown theme of my room. Parts were around $400 not including wood. If you factor in the wood and the labor/tooling involved in making one you realize pretty quick Diamond isn't getting rich selling ball polishers.
You think a light is worth $1500 too?

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Y

You think a light is worth $1500 too?
Well, I made one of those too. Actually, I made two (one for a buddy; custom Gold Crown lights. It's A LOT of work and you have no idea until you get into the project. If I were to make them for sale I would have to charge $2K to make it worth my while so no, I don't think $1,500 is out of line.

Ball polisher. I still need to finish the lid; waiting on Formica to do so.
51927633532_21e5368f12_h.jpg

Light:
49726405502_fa89ab3ab8_h.jpg

49726092826_d4ce36fa87_h.jpg

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad you guys are loaded, but 10k for a table and light is asinine. I was buying them 3 years ago for 4000 to 5300.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad you guys are loaded, but 10k for a table and light is asinine. I was buying them 3 years ago for 4000 to 5300.
Then don't buy them. Materials costs increase as do all things associated with having a labor force and running a business. Diamond is competitively priced in the marketplace. A brand new Gold Crown is $10K. When they were making them, Brunswick was selling their lights for north of $1K. I personally would never buy a brand new table but those who want it and see value in the purchase, buy, One doesn't have to be "loaded" to see value and value is subjective. It is what it is. I'm not sure why you are so offended by it. Manufacturers can charge what they want so long as they are generating revenue; supply and demand. As a consumer, you can choose to buy elsewhere.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then don't buy them. Materials costs increase as do all things associated with having a labor force and running a business. Diamond is competitively priced in the marketplace. A brand new Gold Crown is $10K. When they were making them, Brunswick was selling their lights for north of $1K. I personally would never buy a brand new table but those who want it and see value in the purchase, buy, One doesn't have to be "loaded" to see value and value is subjective. It is what it is. I'm not sure why you are so offended by it. Manufacturers can charge what they want so long as they are generating revenue; supply and demand. As a consumer, you can choose to buy elsewhere.
Yep, suckers made everyday

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I made one of those too. Actually, I made two (one for a buddy; custom Gold Crown lights. It's A LOT of work and you have no idea until you get into the project. If I were to make them for sale I would have to charge $2K to make it worth my while so no, I don't think $1,500 is out of line.

Ball polisher. I still need to finish the lid; waiting on Formica to do so.
51927633532_21e5368f12_h.jpg

Light:
49726405502_fa89ab3ab8_h.jpg

49726092826_d4ce36fa87_h.jpg
Very nice light. Doing anything for the first time is time consuming. If you built another one, would It take less time? I would say you could reduce you time invested by half.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice light. Doing anything for the first time is time consuming. If you built another one, would It take less time? I would say you could reduce you time invested by half.
I built two; still time consuming. Anything hand built like this is going to take some time. I'd have to setup tooling, etc if I was going to offer these for sale which might cut down some of the labor but pool table lights aren't a hot commodity so it would be unlikely to offer them at a much lower price. I'd have to maximize the profit per unit for it to be worthwhile. I certainly could not bank on making a little on a lot because I most likely wouldn't sell a lot. With that, would it even be worthwhile to setup tooling for a low volume project? There's a reason Brunswick doesn't make lights anymore.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, suckers made everyday
Different strokes for different folks. Some people want to have the brand new, latest and greatest setup. I don't see anything wrong with that and don't necessarily see them as suckers. I prefer to buy something old and make it look new again which is what I did with my Gold Crown I. People who buy new could scoff at my preference and call me cheap. Well, there was nothing cheap about restoring my table and I could have written a check for a Diamond but that wasn't what I wanted.