Diamond Smart Table Question

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I frequent a bar here which has two 7 foot Diamond Smart Tables. The bar owns the tables; got them 3 years ago. He opens the tables for us to rent by the hour. Over the last few months, there has been a problem with the ball return/sensor. We first noticed that the 1 ball, and or the 5 ball would come to the cue ball return on almost every rack. Now the 1 ball will not return at all; so far he has lost four 1 balls; I presume they are in the tables somewhere. Any ideas?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
daylate$short said:
I frequent a bar here which has two 7 foot Diamond Smart Tables. The bar owns the tables; got them 3 years ago. He opens the tables for us to rent by the hour. Over the last few months, there has been a problem with the ball return/sensor. We first noticed that the 1 ball, and or the 5 ball would come to the cue ball return on almost every rack. Now the 1 ball will not return at all; so far he has lost four 1 balls; I presume they are in the tables somewhere. Any ideas?
The sensor was turned up to high picking up the 1 & 5 balls as if they were cue balls, returning them as a cue ball. Turn down the sensor so that stops. 1balls missing...stollen, they can't dissapear in the tables, but just to make sure, look in where the cue ball comes back, then look up the middle of the table where you place the ball rack in the foot of the table, you can see the whole middle of the table and ball return system from there.

Glen

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Also

daylate$short said:

To add to Glen's info, It's also a good idea to occasionally clean the laser sensor with a little glass cleaner. A cuetip(the cotton type):D works pretty good!

Ray

realkingcobra

Silver Member
mreightball said:
What is the brand of censor that picks out the cue ball from others
If you mean what kind of table picks out the red circle cue ball and separates it from the others, that's the Diamond Smart Table. If you're asking what is the name brand of the sensor, that's Diamond's sensor.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
mreightball said:
Can that be purchased from Diamond?
The table...yes, the cue ball separator...no;)

Glen

PS. I take that back, I can get you one for about $4,000.00 but then what would you do with the table after you took the cue ball separator out of it?...LOL

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
realkingcobra said:
The table...yes, the cue ball separator...no;)

Glen

PS. I take that back, I can get you one for about $4,000.00 but then what would you do with the table after you took the cue ball separator out of it?...LOL

lol
How did I know that was coming....?lol