"Diamondizing" A Table Thread

jeffb8ball

Supposedly makes it tougher to play on ..Apparently everybody thinks The diamond tables are more challenging because of the cut of the pocket .I like my Gold crown IV just the way it is .The way it came from the factory .We have two pool halls here in Augusta Ga with a bunch of 7 ft diamonds and 9FT Gold crowns Aand they just recently Diamonized the Gold crowns ..They dont play that much different in my op[inion

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Supposedly makes it tougher to play on ..Apparently everybody thinks The diamond tables are more challenging because of the cut of the pocket .I like my Gold crown IV just the way it is .The way it came from the factory .We have two pool halls here in Augusta Ga with a bunch of 7 ft diamonds and 9FT Gold crowns Aand they just recently Diamonized the Gold crowns ..They dont play that much different in my op[inion
I was in agusta and went to a room that had a table in the L corner, as you walked in...done by mark and absolutely brilliant.

I always wondered what the name of that place was, any idea?

gmansbu

I live in NJ. How would I even go about finding a table mechanic that has the knowledge to calibrate a table like this?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Its not that "Diamondizing" a GC makes it tougher to play on, its just that the table is set up what is considered correct. "Diamonding" was more of a thing on the GCI's and GCII's because they came with Superspeed Monarch cushions which are a profile no longer made. "Diamondizing" generally means modifying the sub-rail angle for current cushions and setting the rails to the proper thickness and setting the nose of the cushion at the proper height. Apparently you just cant set the nose of the cushion to the proper height, the bevel on the sub-rail also has to be the correct angle while maintaining proper nose height height otherwise the table plays odd, I believe this is the difference between blue and red label Diamonds. Included with sub-rail modifications is extending the sub-rail for tighter pockets (usually 4 1/2", GC's had 5" -5 1/4" pocket openings) and mitering the pocket opening and down angles to proper specs, apparently GC's had a pretty wide acceptable range for these angles, sometimes different on each pocket or even 2 different angles on the same pocket. I had my GCI modified ("Diamondized" as some call it) and I am extremely happy with the way it plays, and my table was a very low hour table that spent its entire life in a residential setting, I am the 3rd owner. Speed wise my table plays almost identical to a blue label Diamond, 4 3/4" table lengths up and down in winter, 5 in summer heat with the cue ball and it goes 9 rails around the table. The diamond system also plays the same on 3 rail shots as a blue label Diamond.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you want to know?
That shit was from 2010, man. You lose your glasses, you old fart?! Hahaha

I was just thinking about DCP about an hour ago. I can't hardly make a God damn ball on the break playing anything on my new table unless I use a magic rack.

And the rare times I might I'm hooked!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That shit was from 2010, man. You lose your glasses, you old fart?! Hahaha

I was just thinking about DCP about an hour ago. I can't hardly make a God damn ball on the break playing anything on my new table unless I use a magic rack.

And the rare times I might I'm hooked!
I've hit every ball I've shot at for the last 2 years, don't ask me if they went in the holes, I can't see that far, as far as I'm aware, I haven't seen a miss yet😅🤣🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thought ever crossed your mind that maybe you ca t tell the difference because you don't play well enough to be ABLE to tell the difference? In my book, that's a big possibility😉

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that why you have a Diamond table now🤣
I spent a few years trying to get my GC redone without mail or touching any tools, then a surprise hookup came to me.

The diamond is a far better table than the stock gc4, but I fear it may be too much for me to handle. Ask me again in a year or so.

The Cancun thread you started has us all wondering about the value of 100p, you know?

Well, we don't know...

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent a few years trying to get my GC redone without mail or touching any tools, then a surprise hookup came to me.

The diamond is a far better table than the stock gc4, but I fear it may be too much for me to handle. Ask me again in a year or so.

The Cancun thread you started has us all wondering about the value of 100p, you know?

Well, we don't know...
100 pesos is about $5.50