Did Souquet try to do the right thing?

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No it's all Ralf. He knew the parameters of the event when he agreed to play. Again, this was an invitational not an open event. What if 7 players arranged their travel like Ralf did? What if Ko didn't show up til the third day of the event? If you were the tournament promoter, would you invite a player like that back again? Once again, here is a pool player that is only thinking 2 minutes ahead in their life.

What if Mark just issued Ko a bye, then none of this big deal about what Ralf did or didn't do would be going on.
There there might be a small thread inquiry, something like what happened with Ralf. That would be twenty pages back by now.

I am not saying Ralf was not wrong in what he did, but how it was subsequently handled
and the resulting sh8t storm this has stirred up, is all on Mark.

BOTTOM LINE ALL THIS WOULD BE A NON ISSUE, IF A BYE WAS ISSUED. :thumbup:

If you can't see this you're blind, or just don't want to admit this is true.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's interesting that you claim you started this thread to defend Ralph because your rhetoric has been far less than any type of reasonable defense.

Let's hope that you are not an attorney by trade.

You wonder why my initial response was unfavorable toward your approach.......
Just look around at all the negative speculation and gossip that is initiated.

You are not the first to do this and I'm sure you will not be the last but this type of thread is just one tiny example of a million other aspects of behavior that weaken the sport. It does not instill a positive element that promotes the game.

No one here will ever get into Ralphs head and I can assure you that Ralph is not going to debase himself and respond to this thread.

All you've done is create a speculative trial by proxy with the accused unavailable to defend himself. To me that is very sad.

If you chose to debate whether the sport needs more regulation and oversight to mitigate the way things played out with Ralph, then that would be the appropriate approach. He broke no rules and there is no penalty that I'm aware of.

To simply illicit responses predicated on "Right and Wrong" and then propose that "honor" could be at stake.........is the most irresponsible approach.

Put yourself in Ralphs shoes. If you did something that wasn't well received by some players, would you ask them to judge you or would you ask them to provide recommendation/solutions on how we can make improvements to prevent the situation from reoccurring?

"if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem."

You have proven that you are incapable of reading and understanding English. Now listen one more time, if Ralf did indeed forfeit because of a plane departure time that he made knowing that it was in the middle of the tournament, then most of this is his fault. Got that?

My thread asks the question could there be another reason, that being, he felt that play was manipulated so that he advanced, and that he did not advance honestly, so he decides to forfeit and let the person go forward who would have, had he lost his last match.

Now that is very different than the plane reason, do you understand? And BTW there is absolutely nothing preventing Ralf from 'defending himself'. He's a big boy.

P.S. Get someone who understands English to help you with this.

rrick33

Rick
Silver Member
You have proven that you are incapable of reading and understanding English. Now listen one more time, if Ralf did indeed forfeit because of a plane departure time that he made knowing that it was in the middle of the tournament, then most of this is his fault. Got that?

My thread asks the question could there be another reason, that being, he felt that play was manipulated so that he advanced, and that he did not advance honestly, so he decides to forfeit and let the person go forward who would have, had he lost his last match.

Now that is very different than the plane reason, do you understand? And BTW there is absolutely nothing preventing Ralf from 'defending himself'. He's a big boy.

P.S. Get someone who understands English to help you with this.

What makes you think Ralf would respond to a thread like this?

I don't believe that my comments will change your perspective and clearly, nothing you've said will change mine.

Last edited: