Didnt win but liked how I played

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I decided the best way to enjoy pool was to go play, so I did.

went out found a $100/rack one hole game I get 9/7. Won the first game lost 4 in a row, got back to down 1 game-there was some back and forth games in between, I had a easy shot 3 or 4 innings after the break-real easy like 8" form the hole easy. lapse of concentration and shot it straight into the rail.

ended up losing that rack -1 to 9, I was just tired, other than the last game it was great. I would have felt like I won had I got even, in any case great action and the reason I play pool.


thats my beat story of the day.:frown:
 
I got two tales to the topic:
1. I was playing a local pro in a race to 7 tourney recently. Alternate breaks and I am down 5-1 when he missed a 6. I played as well as I am capable of and brought it back to 6-6. he gets a tough shot on the 4 and whaddya know?! He sticks me on the 6, gets BIH and wins:(. Losing sucks, but I made a decent effort of it.

b. playing a local tourney a few ago, handicapped style and i am playing a girl whom i should beat but dont. to the losers side i go. tourney goes on and we get to the point where there are 4 of us left. gal who beat me knows shes gonna be playing me in the final :D and asks me if i will split. I tell her I will decide when it comes to that point. final time arrives and it is she/ i, she asks for the split (200ish/ 100ish on table) and i tell her that i came to play, no split. before we start, the td comes over and informs me the handicap is changed- i now am giving her the handicap she beat me with and 7-5 on the games. I ask if the change is open for discussion, as she did beat me already, without the 7-5...td says change is non-negotiable. I tell him OK, walk over to girl and tell her I need to split.

feel good tales.
 
Eric, It's good to hear you're back playing again. Win, lose or tie, doesn't really matter. Just keep playing your best pool.
 
I decided the best way to enjoy pool was to go play, so I did.

went out found a $100/rack one hole game I get 9/7. Won the first game lost 4 in a row, got back to down 1 game-there was some back and forth games in between, I had a easy shot 3 or 4 innings after the break-real easy like 8" form the hole easy. lapse of concentration and shot it straight into the rail.

ended up losing that rack -1 to 9, I was just tired, other than the last game it was great. I would have felt like I won had I got even, in any case great action and the reason I play pool.


thats my beat story of the day.:frown:


I had a similar experience this weekend, and I'm right there with you. Love to play, need to get back to it!
 
How did you stop your arm from trembling when you had so much money at stake?


LoL you sound like the people around these parts. A race to 5 in 9 ball for 20 is a huge bet :-) shocked most when I asked if anybody would play for a C-note :eek: :lol:
 
Hi Eric,

glad to hear that you finally has been able to shoot some pool again :-)
Hope your back made a little stop putting pain on you my friend.
Last weekend i visited Maik to instruct him and his wife from Fr-Su. Was a great time and we also had some really nice *small talks* about you my friend ^^

Take care and i hope your back stays as good as now!
thx for sharing your one-pocket-story^^


lg
Ingo
 
Good to hear you're enjoying your self.

Too many people get annoyed with themselves when they lose, epecially when money is involved. If you can't fault the way you played and enjoyed your self that's when you start playing your best pool. And its always fun when you play to the best of your ability, right?
 
santa monica?

Ha-maybe you should Johnny Cash it and wear sunglasses all the time too.
 
Back
Top