Dimond ball cleaner RPM

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats on the right track. I think if I redesign the next edition Diamond ball polisher right, I can cut the manufactured coat of the double platter by over $200 in hardware alone.
Send me the prototype and I’ll let you know how it goes. I don’t mind helping out.😁😉

Jimmysbilliards

I know it has been over 2 years since someone posted here but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what is the carpet/felt material used in diamond polisher. I have double polisher and I would like to be able to order it in bulk and cut it myself instead of ordering online every time.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it has been over 2 years since someone posted here but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what is the carpet/felt material used in diamond polisher. I have double polisher and I would like to be able to order it in bulk and cut it myself instead of ordering online every time.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
contact rexus31. he built a badass copy of one and can tell you what he used.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Could be 5:1 I don't remember anymore, been so long, 1995 since I invented it.
I had to reduce the speed of the platter in order to induce friction against the balls in order to cause them to rotate while they're spinning for a 100% surface buffing to eliminate the yoyo shine.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The motor's rated RPM is 1,725. The polisher runs a 4:1 reduction putting the RPM of the platter at 431.25.

IMG_5819 copy.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case anyone cares, here’s a homemade unit. The guy has actually bulit a couple different versions.

Far from a Diamond Knockoff. From a quick look, I see two problems right off the bat: 1) The balls don't spiral and 2) The balls are colliding with one another during the cycle which can cause white friction marks. From the look and sound of it, he's running an automotive orbital buffer and is not employing any of the design principals used by Glen/Diamond to ensure full rotation of the balls while cleaning.

SeniorTom

Ball polishers are pretty cool, and are great for pool halls and places where they have multiple tables that get used often by the public. For home use, I have never really needed to clean the balls other than maybe once just for the heck of it. I bought some ball polisher and do it by hand, which only takes about 15 minutes. Personally, I don't think they are necessary for home use because it is usually just the owner who is playing pool the most. I have never really seen the pool balls dirty on my home table.

Nyquil

Ball polishers are pretty cool, and are great for pool halls and places where they have multiple tables that get used often by the public. For home use, I have never really needed to clean the balls other than maybe once just for the heck of it. I bought some ball polisher and do it by hand, which only takes about 15 minutes. Personally, I don't think they are necessary for home use because it is usually just the owner who is playing pool the most. I have never really seen the pool balls dirty on my home table.
I use mine once a month at home. For ball return tables they are a must in my opinion.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Far from a Diamond Knockoff. From a quick look, I see two problems right off the bat: 1) The balls don't spiral and 2) The balls are colliding with one another during the cycle which can cause white friction marks. From the look and sound of it, he's running an automotive orbital buffer and is not employing any of the design principals used by Glen/Diamond to ensure full rotation of the balls while cleaning.
It’s not an orbital buffer. It does sound like the balls are contacting each other. I can’t see how the balls don’t “spiral.” They spin, and there’s contact on the balls side from the sprocket at the very least. Torque physics should make those balls’ axes also change.

But, that all being said, this one really isn’t meant to be a Diamond knockoff, so it’s misleading. It’s got a sprocket separator, which is about as close it gets to a Diamond. This is just a homemade ball cleaner, better than the buffer.