Dimond ball cleaner RPM

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So then you know as good as me you can buy any pulley diameter, belt size, pillow blocks, and motor size you want. You are just commenting trying to discourage people from making their own. You make it sound like it's some NASA machine that nobody can find parts for it

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
Here, I'll even point you in the direction of the motor.

Screenshot_20211204-212953_Chrome.jpg

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ya he seems like one of those guys that thinks people are stupid and he's the only person who can invent something.

I bet you replace the cloth on your pool table too, don't you, got some pictures of YOUR work? Or are you all talk!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here my dads table that I changed. Before and after. I'll be changing mine with 860hr in 2 weeks when it arrivesView attachment 618723View attachment 618724View attachment 618725View attachment 618726View attachment 618727View attachment 618728View attachment 618729

You do know recovering a Pre 1990 Valley is child's play right? But if you set the depth of the slate in the cabinet correctly, you won't have the sharp formica edge of the rail cap sitting higher than the cloth on the rails, exposing the sharp edge to the shafts of your cues.

northshoremb

Registered
You do know recovering a Pre 1990 Valley is child's play right? But if you set the depth of the slate in the cabinet correctly, you won't have the sharp formica edge of the rail cap sitting higher than the cloth on the rails, exposing the sharp edge to the shafts of your cues.
That was before setting rail height. Just stuck rails on for pics to show my dad while he was at work. I've only done 1 multi slate Brunswick and hate beeswax and leveling. I only do my tables now and everyone else can find their own installer. Found that motor for $120 and some 1/2" pulleys to test the rpm reduction. Thanks for the invention way back

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Give me a call if you want, and I'll tell you over the phone how to do that Valley right next time, 702-927-5689, that's the difference between 39 years experience, and you trying to copy what professionals do, expecting to acheave the same results, only to fall short, but justify the results as good enough as long as you saved some money😉

northshoremb

Registered
Give me a call if you want, and I'll tell you over the phone how to do that Valley right next time, 702-927-5689, that's the difference between 39 years experience, and you trying to copy what professionals do, expecting to acheave the same results, only to fall short, but justify the results as good enough as long as you saved some money
Lmao how did I do it wrong?? I took pics before I measure my rail edges up to correct height 1 3/8" up. That's why they looked low in the pics cause they were just sitting on the slate before tightening

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That was before setting rail height. Just stuck rails on for pics to show my dad while he was at work. I've only done 1 multi slate Brunswick and hate beeswax and leveling. I only do my tables now and everyone else can find their own installer. Found that motor for $120 and some 1/2" pulleys to test the rpm reduction. Thanks for the invention way back

The pulleys you're looking for are 1 1/2' and 6' which results in a 4 to 1 reduction in rpms from 1725 to 431, and increases the motor torque from 1/3hp to 1 1/3hp.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Lmao how did I do it wrong?? I took pics before I measure my rail edges up to correct height 1 3/8" up. That's why they looked low in the pics cause they were just sitting on the slate before tightening

1 1/8"?? Oh, you changed it to 1 3/8" I see. That's not what I'm talking about, even though that's still a little low for the nose height.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Call me, I'm still up, even though its past my 7pm bed time, I'm old!!😅🤣😂

SlateMan

Registered
I can see where someone could build the Diamond Ball polisher cheaper and if you like wood working and motors and stuff, it's probably a fun thing to do. But in the end, the most you will save is about $150-200 bucks (8 ball polisher). The time and effort involved will lose you money. Unless like I said, you like that type of stuff.

northshoremb

Registered
I can see where someone could build the Diamond Ball polisher cheaper and if you like wood working and motors and stuff, it's probably a fun thing to do. But in the end, the most you will save is about $150-200 bucks (8 ball polisher). The time and effort involved will lose you money. Unless like I said, you like that type of stuff.
Exactly. 50% savings is a lot and yes I make so many things cause I like the challenge, I like modifying to my needs and I like to show people what I made. I do that with so many things nd gives me accomplishment even if something comes out to the same price I would rather build it.