Disappointing Purchase Experience

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is why so much of brick-and-mortar retail, especially mom and pop stores, are going away. They see their income being reduced when you need a resolution, so they refuse. For many things, pool cues included, online rules.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm afraid you may be stuck with it. Chalking-up a cue is like walking on the street in shoes; once it's done, they are not (generally) returnable.

Jacoby has a warranty statement online for cues, but not for shafts. Cues are covered lifetime for materials and workmanship defects. This might be one or the other of those.

Jeff G. Martin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm afraid you may be stuck with it. Chalking-up a cue is like walking on the street in shoes; once it's done, they are not (generally) returnable.

Jacoby has a warranty statement online for cues, but not for shafts. Cues are covered lifetime for materials and workmanship defects. This might be one or the other of those.

Sounds to me like Jacoby was sending him a new shaft to the dealer.

I contacted Jacoby again and they are supposed to be sending a new shaft to the shop so I can hopefully complete the exchange. I’m waiting on them to confirm it has been shipped but at this point I will be surprised if anything goes smoothly.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Instead of suggesting you turn the cue to avoid the black spot, it would have made more sense to paint the entire shaft black. Not only would that eliminate a single spot that you focus on, but people would assume you have a Revo :grin-square:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds to me like Jacoby was sending him a new shaft to the dealer.

Yes, I contacted Jacoby, sending them a link to this thread, and they said "We will make sure the customer is happy." They said it will be exchanged, no problem.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the blemish is so noticeable, how did you not see it when you picked it up at the pro shop in the first place?

Bedwards

Registered
Yes, I contacted Jacoby, sending them a link to this thread, and they said "We will make sure the customer is happy." They said it will be exchanged, no problem.

That must be why I received a phone call today telling me if I go back to the shop there will be no issues exchanging or returning the shaft. One more long drive but glad the issue will be resolved. This should have been so much easier though. Thanks.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Instead of suggesting you turn the cue to avoid the black spot, it would have made more sense to paint the entire shaft black. Not only would that eliminate a single spot that you focus on, but people would assume you have a Revo :grin-square:

You win this thread :thumbup:
Jason

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That must be why I received a phone call today telling me if I go back to the shop there will be no issues exchanging or returning the shaft. One more long drive but glad the issue will be resolved. This should have been so much easier though. Thanks.

Glad it ended well for you, with a couple of hiccups along the way. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. :)
P.SW. I'll bet the guy at the pro shop will be as nice as can be when you go in there! I've seen this movie before. :D

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the blemish is so noticeable, how did you not see it when you picked it up at the pro shop in the first place?

This. I thought the advantage of buying in person was that you could inspect the item before buying it. Frankly I am surprised at all the vitriol directed at the shop because OP didn't notice something so noticeable that now he can't shoot with that shaft. There is a lot about the pool world I just don't get.