dispute on a sale to a member please read..

AAplayr

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On what basis did paypal rule against you (I think I Know but want to confirm)?

EDIT: got your calrification.

Yes, signature and insurance is important.

best,
brian kc

Paypal always sides with the buyer. The buyer institutes a chargeback and the credit card company takes the entire amount from Paypal. Then they put a negative balance on the seller's account and freeze it. If the seller doesn't repay Paypal, they will get it with collections.

As said here, you must send insured with signature required. The Signature is stating it arrives with package intact. You were scammed, people do this all the time if the package isn't signature required.

Last edited:

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
283   0   0
This happened to me once before on a shaft. It came and the tube was empty. One of the
caps was on, but you could see that the tape was cut around it. Well, I totally believed
that the seller shipped the shaft. He totally believed me that tube arrived empty. We came
up with a settlement. He refunded me half the amount, and we both took half the hit. I
think that the best way to settle this is to do the same thing. It does suck, but what else
can you do. I propose that the buyer refunds the seller half the charges, and you guys go
half satisfied each. LOL.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
Well, this happen to me a while back and first thing we did was to confirm that the item was in the package when it was initially shipped by looking at the weigh on the original receipt. Assuming he still have the package, this can be easily verified. Once this is confirmed, we can now looked at the pics of the damage package and see how it was package and see if the package was damage or someone open it.

In my case, this was an honest transaction and appears that USPS lost the cue during transition. I ended up getting half the amount back from the seller and we both waited for the claim to process. After months later, when he received the claim fund, he sent me the rest of the money.

In this case, there isn't any insurance so if this was a honest mistake....you both need to work out a settlement with each other since neither of you requested for insurance to be on the package. Was the package left at the door step or did he get it from the mail lady with the end cap missing?

GL working it out.

Last edited:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Would have and Could have..

On January 27th the rates changed for the US Postal Service. They also started including "tracking" on all Priority and Standard packages. This allows you to see when the package gets delivered. Unforunately, it does nothing for loss/damage.

When shipping a pool cue, always get insurance. This will cover you against breakage and loss during shipping. Anything insured over $200 requires a signature. This protects the buyer and seller.

Gainey Q's

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bro, as an up and coming Cue Craftsman I am always learning different ways of doing business one way or another. For your sake I wish this that I have learned here wasn't from your experience but that of your advice. Non the less I thank you for sharing your experience for it has freaked me out enough to NEVER ship anything without insurance and conformation upon receipt. I have already implemented a deposit on special ordered cues to assure that in the end it will be purchased. That guarantees me that it's sold and guarantees the customer it will be delivered. So sorry for your misfortune. ~ Shawn