Do you do anything before playing?

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, that is just for practice sessions.

For weekly tourneys I kill an elephant, carve a set of balls out of a tusk, hold a seance where I speak to Irving Crane's cat (Scratches, not Carom--Carom gives horrible advice), burn a life-sized effigy of each of my potential opponents and walk backwards for the last mile to the hall while listening to a mash-up of Lady Gaga, Frank Zappa and Mozart's fifth symphony. All the while I will eat Bugles from off the tips of my fingers.

one of those gotta be a lie!

Agree - this has to be a lie. No one listens to Mozart's fifth symphony. He wrote that when he was nine years old! Try the later stuff (or Beethoven if you like the number five).

tsos1312

Registered
Hello tsos,
Welcome to AZB and being an AZB family member.
I like to bank and kick a few ball in at least 2 or more rails. A couple of deep knee bends to get loose. And then I put the house cue behind my neck long ways and turn from side to side with my arms on each side of the house cue. Then we flip a coin or lag for the break. This is for a 9 ball match. One Pocket is different all together. Good post.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually seen some of your videos on youtube :thumbup:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I arrive 30min before league starts. I play a game or two against someone. I try to win but i don't get caught up in how well I play in warmup. I've played fantastic in warmup and then can't make a ball in the match. And I've stank in warmup and then immediately gotten into dead stroke in the match.

We play on bar boxes. If the league starts late and nobody is practicing, here is a trick I do to stick it to the man: put two cue balls on the table and practice kick shots.

- Jeff in Frisco

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
the sound the balls make...

Just walking into a poolhall and seeing the tables and people playingis a warm up for me. Love to hear the sound the balls make when hit.--Smitty

Your words brought back the memory of the first time I snuck into a pool hall as a kid. There was the smell of beer and cigars and the spitoons at both ends of the room...but what I remember most, - what gets my heart pumpin' - was the "clack" sound of those old clay balls.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Before league, I eat an Apple. If you read up on apples, they have the equivalence of a cup of coffee to boost you without the caffeine. Heightens my brain and get me going. On the way there I listen to some Stevie Ray Vaughan and relax. I keep little wing playing my head when I get distracted to refocus.

Just me...

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I am new to azbilliards after spending a couple weeks coming here everyday I decided to finally make a profile.

Anyways I was just wondering what some of you do, if anything, before you go play to get yourself in the right mind. Me personally, I like to watch videos right before I go out. I feel like whenever I do my stroke is 10x better than when I don't.

So what do you do?

Casey

Get my cue out of it's case and screw it together...

:cool:

I should have read the thread before replying... but it seems I might be on to something....

Last edited: