Do you offer or try to help other pool players to improve their pool game?

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meaning, if you see someone wanting to try to learn to shoot better pool do you offer to help them? I get a lot out of helping pool players to improve their pool game. Even if they are just beginners or if they shoot good pool already. If I can show them something to better their pool game I try to do just that! Thank you for your input.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

I attempted few times a while back, i find out, people take pride of learning on their own, i guess stuff that does not have dead line people wants to enjoy the thrill of discovering and learning on their own; in another words, take for example a co-worker who wants to finish his project on time, but struggling to get it on his own; when he is close to run out of time, he asks for help, in pool there is no dead line!! the sad truth, i fell in the trap for 25 years, i wish i asked, or internet was readily available as today...

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
hire a sky writer

Meaning, if you see someone wanting to try to learn to shoot better pool do you offer to help them? I get a lot out of helping pool players to improve their pool game. Even if they are just beginners or if they shoot good pool already. If I can show them something to better their pool game I try to do just that! Thank you for your input.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

I dont mind helping people who want to learn, but if they are a big mouth that they say teach me then they tell the world hey I beat this guy.
At the same time they are not willing to pay for lessons.

I will help some people, some I will not.

MMike

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Chris,

I waited til the match was over & it was a younger person that I had coached when they were in middle school.

Usually, I ask if they would mind if I show them something or if they would like my opinion as to why X.

I do not belittle anyone or look down upon anyone or try to make myself out to appear smarter than anyone. I'm just one that might just have a bit more know how because I have been playing longer & might have more experience.

No one has ever given any indication of ever being upset with me. Usually they ask more questions & thank me for the help.

Regards to You &

Glad to hear it was someone you had helped before...

When you said opponent I had flashbacks to matches where I have seen the winner trying to offer advise to the loser as some kind of concession... I have rarely seen the loser appreciative unless it was a situation as described...

Chris

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I attempted few times a while back, i find out, people take pride of learning on their own, i guess stuff that does not have dead line people wants to enjoy the thrill of discovering and learning on their own; in another words, take for example a co-worker who wants to finish his project on time, but struggling to get it on his own; when he is close to run out of time, he asks for help, in pool there is no dead line!! the sad truth, i fell in the trap for 25 years, i wish i asked, or internet was readily available as today...

You can only do what you can do. If they don't really want your help, there is nothing you can do. Thanks for your input.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Standbykid

Results or excuses?
Silver Member
Me trying to help another player improve his game would be like me giving financial advice to Donald Trump.:D

-J

framptonl

Cue It Up Lacky
Silver Member
There's a group of us where I am from that haven't been playing very long and we are always bouncing thoughts and strategies off each other. We have so much ground to make up for compared to everyone else in our area.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a group of us where I am from that haven't been playing very long and we are always bouncing thoughts and strategies off each other. We have so much ground to make up for compared to everyone else in our area.

As long as you are helping another pool player improve his/her pool game is what matters. Thanks.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would help anyone that asked for advice and I've even offered help to those that seem to be struggling. But I'm kinda amazed by the numerous people who just tell you to go pound sand when you try to offer up some help. Attitudes are really bad with people nowadays.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would help anyone that asked for advice and I've even offered help to those that seem to be struggling. But I'm kinda amazed by the numerous people who just tell you to go pound sand when you try to offer up some help. Attitudes are really bad with people nowadays.

At least you tried. That is the good point in you as a good person. Just do not let it get you down. Keep the good work!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

jrt30004

just jokin' around
Silver Member
any one who offers me info, i will take it. i'll try it and if it works for me i'll keep it and use it.
i used to try to do the same thing for others that asked me for help. but far to many people simply don't want to work. i can draw a ball pretty well. i always have a beginner or two ask how i do it. so the first thing i show them are little drills i did (and still do) to draw the ball a few inches and to a certain spot. they tell me they don't want to do that, they want to draw it length of the table like i did. i'll try to explain that's not where i started. then they just gloss over and never even try the drills.
if someone wants to try, i'll show them, but i don't offer much to anyone any more.