Does SVB speak Filipino?

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
Just a silly thought, if Shane spoke Filipino that would just be too intimidating and poolplayers would shit their pants. Lol.

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
In practical terms, they are the same

Really?

I always thought it was similar to saying someone from Mexico speaks Mexican.

Regardless... I think it could be beneficial for SVR to learn Tagalog. Could pick up some Rosetta Stone and learn it quickly enough.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a silly thought, if Shane spoke Filipino that would just be too intimidating and poolplayers would shit their pants. Lol.

I'm guessing Shane knows about the same amount of Tagalog as my wife knows Spanish. She knows how to: order a beer, ask where the bathrooms are, and request her favorite Mariachi song. I'm sure Shane knows how to: offer a spot, name the bet, and ask where the bathrooms are. IOW, just enough for a good time :)

Lou Figueroa

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really?

I always thought it was similar to saying someone from Mexico speaks Mexican.

Regardless... I think it could be beneficial for SVR to learn Tagalog. Could pick up some Rosetta Stone and learn it quickly enough.

Or perhaps saying you speak American?

Slow Eddie

I only look Filipino.
Silver Member
Filipino is the "official" name of the language. It is essentially Tagalog, the most widely-spoken dialect in the Philippines. It's like how most if the world calls the language spoken in Japan, Japanese; but the Japanese call their language Nihongo.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
The most useful Tagalog word a poolplayer should know:

Bayad (baa-yad) = payup (with your hand out to collect)
*would indicate you were hustled if spoken to you lol

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tagalog

In 65 we learnedback to the base. weres the poolhall, how much for a san maguel and how much for .

chambalero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most useful Tagalog word a poolplayer should know:

Bayad (baa-yad) = payup (with your hand out to collect)
*would indicate you were hustled if spoken to you lol

be careful not to switch the last letter to G. It would mean something else :grin:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I think you mean Tagalog.

There are actually many different "Filipino" languages depending on what Island you are from... Plus they may be from the Philippines but most prefer to be called pacific islanders... Not filipinos, at least this is how it is for many of my friends.

But back to the topic yes this would be a strong of SVB, specially being he taught himself how to speak in the first place.

JohnPT

"Prove it!"
Silver Member
There are actually many different "Filipino" languages depending on what Island you are from... Plus they may be from the Philippines but most prefer to be called pacific islanders... Not filipinos, at least this is how it is for many of my friends.

But back to the topic yes this would be a strong of SVB, specially being he taught himself how to speak in the first place.

This is false. No filipino ever identifies himself as a Pacific Islander. If you ever hear a Filipino say "I'm from the P.I." they actually mean Philippine Islands. I can tell you that the term Pacific Islander is never used in the Philippines.