DP Cues Honors Return Policy

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
i have seen alot of threads here about bad expeiriences with dealing with dale perry.. there are also alot of good threads i guess..

you may want to try the search.. because i believe alot of them are in the main forum section..
chris

skydiverbob

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ChrisOnline said:
i have seen alot of threads here about bad expeiriences with dealing with dale perry.. there are also alot of good threads i guess..

you may want to try the search.. because i believe alot of them are in the main forum section..
chris
Thanks for the speeeedy reply!

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Think before you type...

Your thread title of "Unpleasant purchase experience with DP Cues" seems to knock the guy before you've even dealt with him. :( I have never been one of his customers, but I'm in favor of innocent until proven guilty. It would have been more fair to him to construct a title such as "experiences with DP, please" or something similar.

HOB Weert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
He did not want to sell me a cue, because he would not ship to Europe because there was ivory in his cues :confused:
He even blocked me on e-bay for bidding on any of his cues, just because of the crap mentioned above.
I only did 1 single bid on one of his cues???

MH
HOB Weert

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
DP cue

I had Dale do a titlist conversion for me. I thought he did a good job and he was easy to work with and the cue turned out fine.

His stock has dipped and the cue I have probably lost value because of it, but that is part of the deal, some cuemakers cues go up (very few) and most go down.

My opinion is his cues play pretty good and they are an outstanding value for entry level. Dont get too much tied up in one as the value is shaky at best.

JMO

Ken

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 91.7%
11   1   0
HOB Weert said:
He did not want to sell me a cue, because he would not ship to Europe because there was ivory in his cues :confused:
He even blocked me on e-bay for bidding on any of his cues, just because of the crap mentioned above.

MH
HOB Weert

So have someone from here buy it for you and have them ship it to you.

Steven

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ken_4fun said:
I had Dale do a titlist conversion for me. I thought he did a good job and he was easy to work with and the cue turned out fine.

His stock has dipped and the cue I have probably lost value because of it, but that is part of the deal, some cuemakers cues go up (very few) and most go down.

My opinion is his cues play pretty good and they are an outstanding value for entry level. Dont get too much tied up in one as the value is shaky at best.

JMO

Ken

I would imagine considering he's pumping out as many as he can for about $300 each on ebay. I would have to say good cues for that price but horrible for your pocket if you have more then $300 into one.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
HOB Weert said:

MH
HOB Weert

So he respects the law, oh no. Blocking you from his ebay auctions was also a step to obey the law as well as protect himself. If you are the winning bidder, and he won't break the law for you, he now has to go through the trouble of relisting the item. Does this not compute with you?

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Kinda thinking the same thing

half fast bankr said:
So he respects the law, oh no. Blocking you from his ebay auctions was also a step to obey the law as well as protect himself. If you are the winning bidder, and he won't break the law for you, he now has to go through the trouble of relisting the item. Does this not compute with you?

Assume you bought it, it gets held up, and then you blame.....who?

My point is if you assume all risk,,,,,no problem. But you sound like a guy that doesnt assume risk, even if you might think you would.

JMO

Ken

feldz23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
As of late DP cues on ebay have been selling in the $230 range. Flooding the market with 1/1 cues.

JonnyB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
DP did fine my me.

I bought one of his eBay cues about a year ago to try something different.

When the cue came it had a ding in the finish that was through the protective plastic - must have been pre-shipping as the exterior package was undamaged. He refinished it promptly and sent it back looking great. A few months later I lost the bumper and he sent me 2 new ones at no charge.

No complaints from me, his customer service was great and the cue plays solid. It hits way different then the pencil of a Mali I played with for 20+ years, but solid.

Jon B.

DP1.jpg

wizardnblue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was in Fla. in March. I called him to ask if we( me and my wife) can take a walk thru his shop, just to check it out. He was a pleasure to talk to and he explained a lot about his e-bay sales. He had a few cues just about finished and we picked one up on the way out. I had no problems with him.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Rating - 96.2%
25   1   0
Mr. 1 of 1....?!???
I used to buy his cues out of Robb Report, but thanks to the whole Ebay thing, they're worth nowhere near the $3500 they were back then.
He's a nice guy and easy to deal with, backs what he says, and has a fast turnaround for orders. Decent for the money, although I'd never buy another one off of ebay again.
Alot of his cues look really good, and for the most part are fairly consistant with the playability, so there you have about half of my two cents worth...!
lol

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have dealt with dale a couple of times and always a pleasure. If I was in the market for a $250-300 I would consider a DP, a schon, or diveney. I would probably go with one of later two

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The way I see it, there is nothing wrong with high volume production. Especially if the high volume also reflects higher quality in actual performance. DP doesn't make "collectable" cues. Although I've never played with one, I get the impression they play well. So, what do you want?

For a car example? The Z-06 'Vette will smoke the current twin Turbo Porsche on a track. Yet...Porsche has a loyal band of customers. It's all about image, performance, perceptions. One is a Chevrolet. One is a Porsche. Is DP a Porche, or is he a Chevrolet? That is his decision...

Snap9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say neither a porche Nor a corvette.

BUT WOULD DEFINITELY CLASSIFY THEM AS A YUGO or a PINTO.

skydiverbob

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Hoppe said:
Your thread title of "Unpleasant purchase experience with DP Cues" seems to knock the guy before you've even dealt with him. :( I have never been one of his customers, but I'm in favor of innocent until proven guilty. It would have been more fair to him to construct a title such as "experiences with DP, please" or something similar.

It's good that this posting got some attention. That was the whole idea. You haven't dealt with him, so that's positive. There's a lot of stones being flung around here. I'm not the half-cocked guy here. But if he's as guilty as a horse thief then hanging is the way to go.

scruffy1

Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
curious to what dp is guilty of. Selling low end production cues?
For 300.00 i am not expecting a lot. Lets post the same question for the thousand other lowend cuemakers out there or be more specific with your problem with dp.