Dr Dave not on Youtube anymore?

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the idea, but in my practically it does not work. I have plenty of users that don't know how to copy and paste things. Some don't even know how to turn on a computer. And you expect these people to understand an email header. And you would think the Kids know more, But they don't.

You're dealing with Pharma, most of these people have educations. My crew barely passed high school.

I don't know how many times I've had to shut down a branch because some jelly head clicks a bad link in an email and infects their computer. Before it starts spreading else ware.

I'd love it if they hired smarter employees, but you don't need much smarts to sell building supplies. People come to you with lists of material and they get it for you. And smarter people would require them to probably pay more too and we all know they want to pay the minimum.
In parallel, I locked everything down pretty hard with group policy and no one outside of IT had admin rights. Yeah, that meant IT had to go around and install programs, printer drivers, etc. but it worked and turned into a teaching moment when walking over to find out that they were trying to install some sort of crapware or had clicked on something wrong.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't think brute force was really a thing anymore. The thing about passwords is that it's not specifically the password, but possibilities of passwords that make them hard to crack.

Because brute force attacks usually cause the account to be locked out they, or paused, and they generate alerts, they aren't favored by the bad guys.

That didn't deter some of them....

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My attackers and others that wanted to play anonymous games? It never took me as long as three hours to track them to their homes, where they lived, phone numbers, where they worked, I stopped there and contacted them with polite e-mails suggesting we should meet and talk. I asked would they prefer we meet at their home(information given) or their place of work(information given). I destroyed the two websites that attacked me. One owner's legitimate business had government contracts. I inquired how long the owner thought his government contracts would last when he faced a handful of felonies?
Hu
"Former NASA Engineer [Mark Rober] Shares How He Gets Even With Scammers"

https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2022/mark-rober-glitterbomb.html

Hu: You and others will be cheering as you read about the very latest techniques ultra-savvy, expert anti-scammers and anti-hackers are now using -- much like you did -- to threaten, then totally ruin the lives and income of organized thieves, scammers and hackers.

Arnaldo ~ As you may know, Mark Rober himself has an enormous daily viewership of his "getting even" with thieves channel on Youtube seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MarkRober/videos
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Former NASA Engineer [Mark Rober] Shares How He Gets Even With Scammers"

https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2022/mark-rober-glitterbomb.html

Hu: You and others will be cheering as you read about the very latest techniques ultra-savvy, expert anti-scammers and anti-hackers are now using -- much like you did -- to threaten, then totally ruin the lives and income of organized thieves, scammers and hackers.

Arnaldo ~ As you may know, Mark Rober himself has an enormous daily viewership of his "getting even" with thieves channel on Youtube seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/MarkRober/videos
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wasn't really trying to shut the other sites down, just make sure they never hosted more attacks on my site. Mine was a highly moderated site, let us talk about politics, race, religion, all of the things that send most sites up in flames. Mostly my explanation for editing was simply ROE. Twelve rules of engagement. Obey them or get your post whacked!

It was funny, a career military friend of mine couldn't stand an unfair attack on the military and blistered another poster. He immediately contacted me. "Sorry I made a mess for you to clean up." "No problem, I will clean it up as soon as I see it. Gonna make a point to not see it for a few hours though.(grin)" I didn't like the wrongful attack on our military either!

I had a canoe stolen. A burglar working the neighborhood. A neighbor had a high dollar chow puppy stolen. As it happens I was an early breeder of chows in the area. A friend of mine called me, a friend of hers showed her a beautiful chow puppy her boyfriend had given her. I called my neighbor, "I can retrieve your puppy, as long as you promise to press charges and never drop them." Didn't get my canoe back but I got the thief!

These days that is the plan if wronged, get even legally. In the old days I didn't sweat breaking the law myself to pay back as long as there were no witnesses. One bit of strong arm theft was without thought and funny looking back on it. I had loaned a friend a magnesium racing hub until I needed it. When I needed it, he had loaned it out! I chased my hub through about six different hands in the next two weeks before it just disappeared into the void.

I was about to order a pricey new one when somebody that knew I needed a hub called me. He still didn't know where mine was but he knew where I could buy a used one. I called up a stranger and got directions to his home with a shop behind it. I was alone, just going to buy a hub. When I got there, three strangers were there and one old friend. "I'll be damned if you will sell me this hub, it is mine!" I picked up my hub, turned around and left. No room for discussion! I doubt I was there a full minute. It didn't occur to me until later that there could have been immediate or later legal issues for taking my own hub.

Hu

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
During the breach of DrDaves youtube is there any info about subscribers that can be used maliciously?

All the technical details are challenging to understand. I just want to know if its still safe to subscribe and watch the videos on the youtube channel.

Should I stay a subscriber or disable it and watch anonymously?

Thanks in advance.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
During the breach of DrDaves youtube is there any info about subscribers that can be used maliciously?

All the technical details are challenging to understand. I just want to know if its still safe to subscribe and watch the videos on the youtube channel.

Should I stay a subscriber or disable it and watch anonymously?

Thanks in advance.

The only danger to subscribers is if they watched the video posted on my hijacked channel, bought into the cryptocurrency crap, and clicked on the crypto video links during the two hours it took me to recover the channel and get rid of the scam video. There is no "access to subscriber info" to channel owners.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I wasn't really trying to shut the other sites down, just make sure they never hosted more attacks on my site. Mine was a highly moderated site, let us talk about politics, race, religion, all of the things that send most sites up in flames. Mostly my explanation for editing was simply ROE. Twelve rules of engagement. Obey them or get your post whacked!

It was funny, a career military friend of mine couldn't stand an unfair attack on the military and blistered another poster. He immediately contacted me. "Sorry I made a mess for you to clean up." "No problem, I will clean it up as soon as I see it. Gonna make a point to not see it for a few hours though.(grin)" I didn't like the wrongful attack on our military either!

I had a canoe stolen. A burglar working the neighborhood. A neighbor had a high dollar chow puppy stolen. As it happens I was an early breeder of chows in the area. A friend of mine called me, a friend of hers showed her a beautiful chow puppy her boyfriend had given her. I called my neighbor, "I can retrieve your puppy, as long as you promise to press charges and never drop them." Didn't get my canoe back but I got the thief!

These days that is the plan if wronged, get even legally. In the old days I didn't sweat breaking the law myself to pay back as long as there were no witnesses. One bit of strong arm theft was without thought and funny looking back on it. I had loaned a friend a magnesium racing hub until I needed it. When I needed it, he had loaned it out! I chased my hub through about six different hands in the next two weeks before it just disappeared into the void.

I was about to order a pricey new one when somebody that knew I needed a hub called me. He still didn't know where mine was but he knew where I could buy a used one. I called up a stranger and got directions to his home with a shop behind it. I was alone, just going to buy a hub. When I got there, three strangers were there and one old friend. "I'll be damned if you will sell me this hub, it is mine!" I picked up my hub, turned around and left. No room for discussion! I doubt I was there a full minute. It didn't occur to me until later that there could have been immediate or later legal issues for taking my own hub.

Hu
That one gets me the most, if I borrow something to you you do not have permission to loan my stuff to someone else, period.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one in Computer Science what's your point?
I thought my point was pretty clear, and apparently it was to everyone but you. You made a stupid, needlessly negative remark and you're getting hammered for it by lots of folks on this site. NOW do you understand or should I re-state in even smaller words?