Silver Member
THE GLOVE

because my hands get moist quick
and to any fool that starts giggling when you put yours on,
just smile and ask if they wanna play

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
also youll never find a chalk volcano anywhere near my gabriels, I already gotta vacuum it enough as it with using master chalk for my cue

its a thing of the past that's all but seemingly extinct

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when shooting pool, sometimes i like to talc my hands.
do you use powder and what do you use?

No I don't. I find the smell of baby powder nauseating. Powder has two main problems. One, it is a self generating problem. Powder collects moisture and becomes gumy and sticky. This creates a greater need for powder than what would be there if you didn't use it in the first place. Interesting cocaine analogy...

Second, powder makes my problem everyone's problem. It gets all over the table and balls, making them sticky and gross.

Learn to wash your hands. I used to use powder until I *learned* how to not need it. I discovered the sink, and soap, and just wash my hands before a match. If you have some unusual sweat condition, buy a glove.

KMRUNOUT

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started using a glove about 2 years ago and use it every time I shoot for many reasons and will always use one.

1. I never am doing a warm-up stroke about to shoot and think to myself "my finger feels sticky, maybe I should powder up".
  2. It is always dry
  3. It is always slick
  4. Moisture does not have any affect on it (that I notice)
  5. I do not notice the little nicks and such in my shaft that causes some people to always shot with the tip a certain way.
  6. Bottom line and most important - It is always consistent regardless of any outside elements and it leaves me to focus on other parts of my stroke.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
plus its hella cheap, doesn't even have to be a named brand one
5 bucks is a worth while investment

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
plus its hella cheap, doesn't even have to be a named brand one
5 bucks is a worth while investment

I bought a pack of 20 different size ones on amazon for like $10 to have at the house for when people come over looking for talc powder. They aren't messing up my stuff with that crap. :)

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...snip...
Make sure your shaft is properly maintained. Never ever burnish it to hell, that way there's no room for tiny air "bubbles" between your hand and the wood and it feels hot and sticky fast. ... snip...

Where on earth did that come from?

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Au natural or if it is humid --- glove. I too never used gloves for decades. After trying one, I would say, I use it more often than not. Fingerless is best for me.

Also, cleaning and waxing the shaft will make playing much smoother!

Dustry

Banned
i used the term "talc"generically, what about a rosin bag?
anyone know anything about these, is there one better then the other?
or are the bags also sloppy?

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Way too messy for me. Especially don't want it in my house. I just try to keep my hands clean.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
uploadfromtaptalk1441397474796.jpg
Sometimes I use medical talc with no additives like baby powder. I use this stuff from the picture with metal ball on top to apply. It's very handy for using minimum amount of powder

matcase

Blondie's #1 fan
Silver Member
I like it sometimes. I got one of those small bags and just pounce it once at the base of my thumb and once between my index and bird fingers then blow off the excess. It don't take much.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i used the term "talc"generically, what about a rosin bag?
anyone know anything about these, is there one better then the other?
or are the bags also sloppy?

Don't use a rosin bag! That is used for making your hands sticky.

What I think you are refering to is Easy Slide. Get it at most bowling centers and is used to put on slide shoe. It is like a talc, but it much slicker. I use it on occation.
It works supreme. Use the bag and rub some on shaft. That's all you need. Maybe a little on your hands but not always necessary. It takes far less Easy Slide then talc,
is slicker, and since you use so little, won't make mess on table.

I don't use it much any more. Went to a glove. Much more consistent then powder. If a glove is good enough for Earl and Shane, its good fo me.

Last edited: