Dynasphere Tungsten balls -Awesome !

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my Dynasphere Tungstens and put them on my home table in August 2020. They play great and stay amazingly clean. They definitely stay cleaner than the Aramith Premiums that I used to use.

I liked them so much I bought a second set to take to the pool hall :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I will admit I bought the first set because the ad claimed made in belgium. However, I bought more because to be blunt they are underpriced and I don't expect them to stay this cheap for long. I play on a concrete floor and while balls don't hit the floor very often it does happen, usually getting them out of the ball return so I bought a spare set. Then I bought the bronze in anticipation of the pool halls opening and I wanted to be familiar with the typical colors.

I own two cheap sets of balls like found in pool rooms. Any of the dynaspheres look much better than they do. They also seem to play every bit as well as the two hundred dollar set I bought in the late sixties and they didn't come better than those back then. The cheap balls were put up the first time I hit the dynaspheres. No way I would go back to them.

I still don't like that the dynaspheres are made in china, supposedly with close oversight from belgium. Their quality control as they describe it does seem very good. If their claims are valid, three out of five sets should be tested by QA. I would charge an extra two bucks and test every set but that is just me.

They are far from turds and the looks aren't a big deal. Considering the source, I kinda wish they were turds! There isn't a set of balls made in America with close to the quality. I would pay a premium to buy American but I don't think there is even a set of phenolic balls made in the US.

Hu
We are talking about these: https://us.dynaspheres.com/item/pool-us-tungsten/, right?? I stand by my statement. My neighbor's cat pinches off crap that looks better than these. I guess they'd be awesome if you had a pool league for the color-blind. ;)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I hadn't played with the tungsten set for weeks, probably months. I broke them out for a few hours night before last, they play just fine! When I first bought them the colors were a bit of a struggle, particularly that six ball. Soon colors make no difference, I don't really notice. I hit a lot of racks of snooker many years ago and struggled with the same "wrong color" issues. After awhile the adaption was automatic and snooker colors seemed no more right or wrong than pool colors. In truth, I don't see either set as right or wrong anymore. The balls roll the same in both sets, all that matters to me. Some of the TV and specialty sets would be more of an adaption. As my eyes have gotten old I have noticed that the eight ball is genuinely harder to make whether it is the money ball or not. The black balls where black replaces white have zero appeal for me!

Hu

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my Dynasphere Tungstens and put them on my home table in August 2020. They play great and stay amazingly clean. They definitely stay cleaner than the Aramith Premiums that I used to use.

I liked them so much I bought a second set to take to the pool hall :)

Funny thing about that set, the cost of the pool ball holder is almost as much as the actual set of balls. I bought one since it's easier than carrying them in the box, but I could have bought a second set of balls for the same price LOL

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A grey six ball is just as ridiculous as a pink four ball. The ball colors are traditional for a reason. As long as any game requires numerical specificity, at least. Identifying the number display only would certainly slow play. If there was a game where no specific order of pocketing, nomination requirement, or cuing restriction applied, color (including the CB) and design would then be totally irrelevant. It’s a ‘slippery slope’. Where do you draw the line? Which traditions are NOT sacred? Does the 8 ball HAVE to be black (or the CB white)? Does the table HAVE to be a rectangle (why not square or round?) or covered with cloth? Why not make barbox pockets even wider to speed up the game and boost revenue? I can even imagine balls with an iron center, and magnetized pockets, so every beginner could never miss a shot. That would REALLY make the game popular.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A grey six ball is just as ridiculous as a pink four ball. The ball colors are traditional for a reason. As long as any game requires numerical specificity, at least. Identifying the number display only would certainly slow play. If there was a game where no specific order of pocketing, nomination requirement, or cuing restriction applied, color (including the CB) and design would then be totally irrelevant. It’s a ‘slippery slope’. Where do you draw the line? Which traditions are NOT sacred? Does the 8 ball HAVE to be black (or the CB white)? Does the table HAVE to be a rectangle (why not square or round?) or covered with cloth? Why not make barbox pockets even wider to speed up the game and boost revenue? I can even imagine balls with an iron center, and magnetized pockets, so every beginner could never miss a shot. That would REALLY make the game popular.

Naah, what you would get would be a major cluster gluck! Can you imagine fifteen balls stuck together and the ball you need to hit in the middle of the cluster?(grin)

Hu

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They are traditional because they are, as long as they are different from each other the colors don't really matter. It is simply remembering what the colors are or peeking at the numbers in 9 ball or 10 ball, if the 1 was orange and the 2 was pink there is no difference as long as you can tell they were not the same. Remember in rotation games you go by the lower number, not by color.

They are not as bad as that black set Aramith did, where they used the hardest to see and aim at color in the balls for some reason to make it look "cooler". That is probably the most messed up ball set I have seen.

Donkin the 8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you buy these things at anyway? i havent really see them For sale yet at any major retailers

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you buy these things at anyway? i havent really see them For sale yet at any major retailers

They are on Amazon also, although not the $100 set. I got my Tungsten set off Amazon.
The Bronze design, aside from the use of standard colors, I think is ugly, and the Silver are good but at more than double the cost of the Tungsten I don't think it's worth it just to get some different colors.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are on Amazon also, although not the $100 set. I got my Tungsten set off Amazon.
The Bronze design, aside from the use of standard colors, I think is ugly, and the Silver are good but at more than double the cost of the Tungsten I don't think it's worth it just to get some different colors.
You really think the Tung's look better than this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynasphere...d=link&campid=5335988529&toolid=20001&mkevt=1 ???? Wow. Cheaper? Sure. Better looking??? Whatever floats your boat i guess. You might be only person who bought them for reasons other than the fact they're cheap. The Bronze is only D'sphere set i'd buy. The rest are ugly as hell imo.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
You really think the Tung's look better than this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynasphere...d=link&campid=5335988529&toolid=20001&mkevt=1 ???? Wow. Cheaper? Sure. Better looking??? Whatever floats your boat i guess. You might be only person who bought them for reasons other than the fact they're cheap. The Bronze is only D'sphere set i'd buy. The rest are ugly as hell imo.
C’mon Now, it’s inexpensive and I live in a modular home community not a trailer park. 😉

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Those pictures look a lot better than the computer render they used. I have only seen the render of the balls not the actual set, seeing a picture of them they look a lot better.
I may pick up a set, the actual balls look pretty good. Odd thing is they are not on Amazon but the other sets are.

I was going by how they look here which made them look like one of the cheap nylon balls.

s-l1600.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those pictures look a lot better than the computer render they used. I have only seen the render of the balls not the actual set, seeing a picture of them they look a lot better.
I may pick up a set, the actual balls look pretty good. Odd thing is they are not on Amazon but the other sets are.

I was going by how they look here which made them look like one of the cheap nylon balls.

View attachment 592532
You went by the box top rendering??????? The real balls are killer looking compared to those T'turds.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, the Bronze set is good looking and classic.

What‘s odd about the Dynasphere sets is there’s no explaining all the different colors from set to set.

With Dynasphere if you like the pink 4 you have two options. If you want the green 6, a single option. Light blue means #2 in Tungsten, #7 in Platinum. Do you like the stripe balls with the numbers in the field? Then it’s Platinum or Silver, but don’t expect a traditional set of colors. While there’s no shortage of options it’s all strange.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are traditional because they are, as long as they are different from each other the colors don't really matter. It is simply remembering what the colors are or peeking at the numbers in 9 ball or 10 ball, if the 1 was orange and the 2 was pink there is no difference as long as you can tell they were not the same. Remember in rotation games you go by the lower number, not by color.

They are not as bad as that black set Aramith did, where they used the hardest to see and aim at color in the balls for some reason to make it look "cooler". That is probably the most messed up ball set I have seen.
The Aram. Black might be even worse than the T'turds.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I will admit I bought the first set because the ad claimed made in belgium. However, I bought more because to be blunt they are underpriced and I don't expect them to stay this cheap for long. I play on a concrete floor and while balls don't hit the floor very often it does happen, usually getting them out of the ball return so I bought a spare set. Then I bought the bronze in anticipation of the pool halls opening and I wanted to be familiar with the typical colors.

I own two cheap sets of balls like found in pool rooms. Any of the dynaspheres look much better than they do. They also seem to play every bit as well as the two hundred dollar set I bought in the late sixties and they didn't come better than those back then. The cheap balls were put up the first time I hit the dynaspheres. No way I would go back to them.

I still don't like that the dynaspheres are made in china, supposedly with close oversight from belgium. Their quality control as they describe it does seem very good. If their claims are valid, three out of five sets should be tested by QA. I would charge an extra two bucks and test every set but that is just me.

They are far from turds and the looks aren't a big deal. Considering the source, I kinda wish they were turds! There isn't a set of balls made in America with close to the quality. I would pay a premium to buy American but I don't think there is even a set of phenolic balls made in the US.

Hu
AFAIK no pool balls are made here. Either Belgium, China or Korea(Cosmos).

uakronseth

Does anybody have a lead on where to buy these today? I've scoured the internet and have only found one shady site that says they have them but their price is almost $75.