Earl, come out to playeeeay.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's the game Earl has been dreaming of, to put an end to this lucky break, lucky snooker / kick game with dribbling, rolling and stunning to bore us all stupid.

Shitpost attempt, but consider the implications of a multi-rail sport. All in good humour with fellows who appreciate shot making.

https://youtu.be/4RX1eyZH-kY

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
The kind of tables I've been playing on recently, it's easier going 2 rails than one.

Brand new (broken in) 760 simonis and super bouncy rails...Any more cut than 3/4 and you're screwed. Haven't shot a stroke shot for as long as I can remember. All drag and roll shots, sometimes stun. Full table draw is so easy it's a joke. Use very little sidespin, because there is no point. The spin has no time to take before the ball is violently ejected from the cushion. Spin has not only marginal effect on angle, but it's tough to use it to slow down the ball as well. A normal 2 railer out of the corner can sometimes scratch in the opposite middle pocket, thats how short the table is playing, even with spin! With new cloth! WTF is going on with pool tables these days?

Your general concept is ok, but I think, looking for that technical, knowledgable type of strokes, you're better off transitioning to 3 cushion. Pool is becoming more and more stripped of these shots as the cushions get faster and the pockets smaller. 3 cushion has a near infinite range of shots, whereas pool is becoming a lot more like snooker. Limited and boring. Watch the Taiwanese. That's where pool is heading. Straight up and down, and straight across.

On a slow table, especially a 10 footer, Earl would MURDER most pros at your game, btw. At least in the good years. Haven't seen him play recently, but I guess it's different now.

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Always
The kind of tables I've been playing on recently, it's easier going 2 rails than one.

Brand new (broken in) 760 simonis and super bouncy rails...Any more cut than 3/4 and you're screwed. Haven't shot a stroke shot for as long as I can remember. All drag and roll shots, sometimes stun. Full table draw is so easy it's a joke. Use very little sidespin, because there is no point. The spin has no time to take before the ball is violently ejected from the cushion. Spin has not only marginal effect on angle, but it's tough to use it to slow down the ball as well. A normal 2 railer out of the corner can sometimes scratch in the opposite middle pocket, thats how short the table is playing, even with spin! With new cloth! WTF is going on with pool tables these days?

Your general concept is ok, but I think, looking for that technical, knowledgable type of strokes, you're better off transitioning to 3 cushion. Pool is becoming more and more stripped of these shots as the cushions get faster and the pockets smaller. 3 cushion has a near infinite range of shots, whereas pool is becoming a lot more like snooker. Limited and boring. Watch the Taiwanese. That's where pool is heading. Straight up and down, and straight across.

On a slow table, especially a 10 footer, Earl would MURDER most pros at your game, btw. At least in the good years. Haven't seen him play recently, but I guess it's different now.
Always enjoy your replies Straightpool 99, and it's clear you can play well. I started off with this kind of game as a 3 rail challenge, but for various reasons reduced it to 2 rail.

I know for sure this kind of game is so much more fun to watch and play than the current shit games. And rule adjustments make it more offensive than rail requirements alone can do.

Here is the rules intro video I made a week ago so you can examine it more clearly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWhn4X-h63I

Always appreciate your input mate!

Colin

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slow rugged cloths, grippy rails and big pockets. Easy to maintain and great for the amateurs. Just need a game that is adaptable to force the top players into taking on harder shots, rather than this stun & roll through pattern game.

Chinese 8-ball is taking the game to its logical conclusion, robotic rolling and stunning. The break & run at 80%+ sometimes. Brilliant, but has become a breaking competition at the highest levels, and no beginners want to play on those tables.

Oh, I enjoy watching some 3 Cushion Billiards, but they are so fast, it's mostly a touch game so far as stroking goes. I love the power aspect and heavy spinning. In 3C, it's mainly angle knowledge with 1/2 tip running to widen the margin of error.

Last edited: