Earl runs 130 with in-play commentary

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice run of 130 with insights into his thinking through racks as he goes.

Interesting side note, he has ditched the fat butt wrap where he actually grips the cue and only kept a bunch of tape on the end to scooch his balance point back.
i only watch alittle of it so far but its interesting to watch earl talk and shoot
when you read about let your subconscious take over
it seems like thats what we are watching

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Commentators and interviewers work so hard to toy with, and deliberately provoke eccentric, angry reactions from Earl, then judge and disparage him for getting angry. The producers love the heated, sellable footage that emerges.

Here's a 3-minute example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=basgscrsMbg

Arnaldo ~ To do these kinds of things after a deservedly proud man has just lost is despicable IMO.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Has an excellent stroke --- check
Great CB control --- check
Pots balls clean --- check
Makes back cuts with little effort --- check
Likes to play the big tables --- check
can keep his mouth/attitude quiet during play ---- uh oh!

I can see many similarities between straight pool and snooker.
EARL,(with 1 exception), would be perfect for the game.

As a struggling 14.1 player, I like Earl's vids and position commentary. (y)

Clusterbuster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This kind of extended commentary is really good. I’m just trying to get started in straight pool and the little tips like when the break ball is higher up on the rack, you don’t need to worry as much about the angle is really helpful. Niels has a good straight pool video also.

Bahgs

Earl is brilliant. "This might be it, Mike. I might walk into traffic."

Earl is a national treasure and should be treated as such. People gotta stop taking liberties with the guy.