EARL STRICKLAND Returns to TEAM USA

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading between the lines from JJ's commentary at the International Open that is live right now I believe Matchroom Pool had a big hand in this. JJ said something to the effect that he learned that Earl will be on the team ...maybe not his exact words. He didn't offer any big support for Earl. This is a joke. Why not give a newcomer a chance if they are trying to build a team????
The irony was yesterday JJ & wilson were going on and on about the last pick of the Euro squad and saying how it came down to performance and who won more and so that gave the nod to Kaci over Gorst, or whatever euroholes they were talking about. So now they pick Earl who ain't done sh!t other than just get kicked out of the 14.1. Guess that was the tipping point that made Matchroom pick him.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The irony was yesterday JJ & wilson were going on and on about the last pick of the Euro squad and saying how it came down to performance and who won more and so that gave the nod to Kaci over Gorst, or whatever euroholes they were talking about. So now they pick Earl who ain't done sh!t other than just get kicked out of the 14.1. Guess that was the tipping point that made Matchroom pick him.
Right, it would be different if they were picking for nostalgia or personality on the Euro team, but they just picked the best players they could. Instead of, say, Appleton and Souquet and Daryl Peach, they pick Filler and Shaw and Kaci.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
The only way the U. S. will ever be competitive in the Mosconi Cup is if they switch to Barbox tables with 5" pockets.
Or we get to incorporate numerous countries as part of the team. This is USA versus the entire continent of Europe, plus Russia thrown in as a "kicker". LOL

Just give us Canada and Mexico and we can call it even ;)

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dumbest effing shit i heard in a long while. the lunatic just got DQ'd for shoving and kicking a player at an adjecent table in a WPA tournament!! wtf is this

so JJ and MR condone this behavior??
Ratings. Earl can still play. And people watch him. at any pro tournament everyone flocks to his table to watch. Whether you like it or not it’s what pool needs. People you love or love to root against. we have our first deep pocket sponsor since camel in the 90s. They did it to make a profit and they need viewers to do that. It’s that simple.

Im personally going to love listening to you know it all but done nothing cry babies belly aching about it for the next few months 😂😂😂

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get the ratings thing. Who watches the MC? A small group of pool players/fans. Who watches if Earl plays? Same answer.
MC always has been a pretty big tv deal in the UK. It was invented by Brits for Brits basically. Matchroom was already pretty big due to snooker so when they took on pool they kinda had a built-in UK audience. IMO this Earl lunacy is to offset what could be a beat-down by the Euro's.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There isn't a single person on the European team that is scared of Earl.
Shaw,because he lives here, is only player on their team who has played him to any extent. Most of them are far too young to know much less care what Earl did 20+ yrs ago. Look, like most here i like what Earl USED to mean to pool. Those days are fading fast. Really hope this doesn't amount to major cluster-f^&k.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only way the U. S. will ever be competitive in the Mosconi Cup is if they switch to Barbox tables with 5" pockets.
Europe has more talent, but it must be stated that the US has somehow managed to win 2 out of the last 3 Mosconi Cups

Reactions: KRJ

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a confirmed list of USA players? Is it all wildcard picks?
So far Shane (playing captain), Skylar, and now Earl. Yes I think it’s all wildcard picks. I would guess Billy would be a pick, and then the only other thing we know for sure is that Justin Bergman won’t be a pick.