• Yes, a bad hit

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No, Earl clipped the 1

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
Just that simple. Kick on the 1, did he hit the 9 first?

If you were watching you know the shot I'm referring to.

-s

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Clearly a good hit, not to mention Mike played a safe on the 4 in an earlier rack and missed the whole ball!!!

Black Cat :grin:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike didn't think to get someone to call the hit. I guess he didn't know that Earl was gonna kick it 100 mph. If he would have hit it 1/2 as hard as he did then it would've been a lot easier to call the hit.

Schmeleo

Registered
I thought the shot was good, but I'm no expert. I was more interested in the way the 10 was coming out of the rack on Mike's racks.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I saw the 4 rock ever so slightly. Not to disagree, but I'm sure we're talking about the same shot.

Man I couldn't tell that it did, I would have been arguing that before the kick Earl made. The kick was close but it looked good to me.....

Earl got a bad break in that whole match, never made a ball on the break. Tough to win like that.

Black Cat :cool:

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man I couldn't tell that it did, I would have been arguing that before the kick Earl made. The kick was close but it looked good to me.....

Earl got a bad break in that whole match, never made a ball on the break. Tough to win like that.

Black Cat :cool:

Mike played pretty fair, but he did get more rolls than Earl. I only saw the last set and the last game or two of the second set though.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
The way the 1 ball rolled indicates it was a bad hit but... I agree that Mike should've called a ref to watch it. Im glad MD decide to let it go and not take BIH. Well... He had to put Earl on tilt by arguing about it before finally shooting. I find it amazing the amount of sharking that goes on at this level. Its embarrassing. If MD really said it was ok about the hit then he should say nothing after and play the ball. Too bad it is the way it is.

dognit26

SHOOT THIS from 14,000 ft
Silver Member
Bad hit. Not only seen by the path the 1ball took but the speed behind it.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad hit. Not only seen by the path the 1ball took but the speed behind it.

I think it was most likely a bad hit because for the one ball to cut at that sharp of a degree of angle it would have to be so thin that the one wouldn't travel that far.

a huge however goes to the fact that in shots like this it is possible to hit one in the thinnest possible hit to where it would barely rock then hit the nine and then hit the one again to send it at that sharp angle with speed.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I didn't vote...because I think it was very close.
I always give the benefit of the doubt in these close situations.
And many other players do also.

The players that always want the best of it are hard to play with....
...in an action situation, I would never make a fair game with them.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Opps...I voted wrong. It was a good hit. The one would have missed the 5 IMO if it was a bad hit.

Quatsch83

Learner
Silver Member
I still think it is a bad hit. Look at the direction the CB goes...it is clearly the tangent line off the 1 and not the 9. If it had hit the 1 first, then it would have gone off the 9 slightly to the right, even with a lot of follow...but it hit the 9 first and takes the tangent line off the 1.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Opps...I voted wrong. It was a good hit. The one would have missed the 5 IMO if it was a bad hit.
Unfortunately, it's real hard to see the angles with an end-view camera. It looks to me like it probably hit the nine first to get that much speed on the one ball but it's impossible to say. Maybe the cue ball barely brushed the 1, hit the nine and then went into the 1 again. That could look the same as hitting the nine first.