Eason Cues

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
I purchased this j/b cue from Jeff about a year ago. When I first got the cue I was happy with the cue left positive feedback and thought all was good. After a few months of using the cue it fell apart. I've had 6-7 jump break cues and have never had anything like this happen with them. I broke a rack and the shaft and the joint pin came flying out. Long story short I contacted Jeff and he asked me to ship the cue back to him. At the same time here on AZ there are multiple threads about Jeff that put me in a position where I was willing to just take the loss and chalk it up as a bad experience. So, today I was reading on another forum stories much like my own and I get to a thread posted by Jeff and the bottom of his quote reads "Ban from AZ and loving it". Are you serious Jeff????

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone thinking about a purchase from Eason cues.

Attachments

• eason.jpg
    eason.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 757

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand the wooden thingie in the hole. I thought they were usually made out of another material.

We saw a real SWEET-hitting cue at the U.S. Open one time that I wanted to buy so bad, but we just didn't have the money at the time. I think a friend of ours, Pookie, ended up buying it. It had a jade joint. I had never seen that before. It was mostly black with this green jade joint, so very under-stated and beautiful, but the main thing about it was that my boyfriend LOVED the way it hit.

By my own admission, I am not a cue guru. LOL. The name of the cue was Cogni-something. It was an Italian-sounding name. :)

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand the wooden thingie in the hole. I thought they were usually made out of another material.

We saw a real SWEET-hitting cue at the U.S. Open one time that I wanted to buy so bad, but we just didn't have the money at the time. I think a friend of ours, Pookie, ended up buying it. It had a jade joint. I had never seen that before. It was mostly black with this green jade joint, so very under-stated and beautiful, but the main thing about it was that my boyfriend LOVED the way it hit.

By my own admission, I am not a cue guru. LOL. The name of the cue was Cogni-something. It was an Italian-sounding name. :)

Cognoscenti. R u shure it wasn't a green G-10 pin?

There's something totally not right about the way that joint looks in the above pic. I can't believe that thing is constructed in that way. I must be a plug where he messed up or something.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
I understand what he is talking about. I also own an Eason cue and the joint pin fell right out of the shaft. The cue had a great hit and i really liked it.Now to find a cue fixer upper, any suggestions. I can share pic if anyone ios interested.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
hahah i mean this break cue looks like a cheap as POS. i rather have a FATS cue from walmart then that.

It's funny you say that. I looked at some of these low dollar cues at walmart. This cue was most likely made out of a very low dollar cue similar to those.

ccn7

Ole Pool Fool
Silver Member
Call Eddie Wheat .......Just kidding :wink:

Funny you should say that, because i am still waiting on my PERSONAL BALANCED EDDIE WHEAT CUE. Yes got by another. No fool, like an ole fool. Anyways you made me laugh. On a good note i have 3 great cue's made by BRENT HARTMAN of BHQ, and 2 Very great looking and hitting cues made by GENE @ CROWN CUES. My Eason is lovely was a 60" playing cue great balance with moose horn ferrule and rings nice looking. My new Crown is a 60" so alls good. Live and learn,and share your experiences.
Sincerly, Floyd ccn7 Tibbetts

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Funny you should say that, because i am still waiting on my PERSONAL BALANCED EDDIE WHEAT CUE. Yes got by another. No fool, like an ole fool. Anyways you made me laugh. On a good note i have 3 great cue's made by BRENT HARTMAN of BHQ, and 2 Very great looking and hitting cues made by GENE @ CROWN CUES. My Eason is lovely was a 60" playing cue great balance with moose horn ferrule and rings nice looking. My new Crown is a 60" so alls good. Live and learn,and share your experiences.
Sincerly, Floyd ccn7 Tibbetts

Floyd, best of luck to you dealing with Eddie. I hope you get what you paid for.....also I hope your Eason cue stays together, I would not break with it though.
Again, best of luck to you.

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
I would of thought that after all that went on here that no one would want to buy a Eason Cue ... He claims to be making them better now but why would you drill the pin into a plug? and glue the plug into the weakest part of the Butt... Very obvious he just don't care about his customers and is only doing this to make a buck here and thier. We live in a small town if we lived in a big town I could see Jeff at the end of a leash dancing around with a little tin cup while the master of the house plays music from wind up box ...Anything to get money just like the monkey on the leash pan handling on the local street corner. But at least the Monkey has enough class to get do it honestly. Eason just comes right out and rips his customers off putting out junk like that , that even he knows will not hold up...

He was lit up here and then banned... He has been lit up over at Jimbo's Army in a ugly fashion and now he is being lit up over here again. That is not good but I'm not sure who the biggest fool(s) are. Eason who continues to put out terrible cues that would not pass Walmarts selling standards or the people still buying them thinking they are going to get a magic wand for little or nothing ... Then get screwed by Eason once again... I promise you if your looking for a magic wand you are certainly not going to get it from the worst cue assembler in the galaxy ... I would say planet but it goes beyond that ...
Come on people no more Eason cues and the world will be a better place...