Easy win

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday at my club's weekly tournament.

10ball, race to 3, match to reach quarter-final

1-0 for me.

I got ball in hand, can't pot the object ball. I play a nice safety shot.

The guy pick up his cues and leave.

The same guy, a few weeks ago, was mad at me because I made him foul 3 times on the spin.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"On the spin"? IsThis a European thing?

It's a fairly common expression where I'm from in England when referring to back to back achievements in sports and games. Dunno if it's exclusively a UK English thing though.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
it is kinda fun, when they have just one left, and you keep sticking the cue ball on the other side of the table close to the rail, the look they get lol

lots of players expect you to go for it on every shot, and just give it away

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday at my club's weekly tournament.

10ball, race to 3, match to reach quarter-final

1-0 for me.

I got ball in hand, can't pot the object ball. I play a nice safety shot.

The guy pick up his cues and leave.

The same guy, a few weeks ago, was mad at me because I made him foul 3 times on the spin.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Bar players tend to get very pissy when you play safe. Yet have no issues "accidentally" playing safe or beating you when you go for some crazy shot and sell out.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
"On the bounce" too.

on a kozoom balkline video, an english man is commenting with caudron

they discuss the cleaning of the ball, caudron doesnt know what to call it

the english man calls it a bad kick

pretty sure theyre talking about cleaning the ball so it doest skid, but does that term bad kick ring a bell to you?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

pretty sure theyre talking about cleaning the ball so it doest skid, but does that term bad kick ring a bell to you?

That's a Snooker term, a bad kick is when the balls kick off each other badly, now identified as "skid"

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A kick refers to a "bad contact" where the object ball doesn't react the way it should after contact with the cue ball. Any kick in this sense is actually a bad kick (except nobody complains about or remembers good kicks). There was a BBC filler years ago possibly at a major snooker championship, or maybe it was on a " popular science" show (like Myth Busters) where Steve Davis thought a kick was due to static but they supposedly proved it was because of chalk on the balls. This was before the days of HD and super slow mo cameras so you can forgive a legend for not knowing.

Guys brought up in the UK on snooker who have gone on to play "American" pool use both definitions of the term kick and understand the meaning by the context.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We should do a Euro to US billiard translator.

Kick
Pot
Fluke (good ole' shitting it in LOL)
??
??

Is there a slang term in UK for the pocket point like "titty" or "nipple" in the US? Or rather the pocket curve since no point in snooker or English 8 Ball.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We should do a Euro to US billiard translator.

Kick
Pot
Fluke (good ole' shitting it in LOL)
??
??

Is there a slang term in UK for the pocket point like "titty" or "nipple" in the US? Or rather the pocket curve since no point in snooker or English 8 Ball.

Not aware of one.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Pot" seems to be picking up a bit of traction though. Americans in mixed environments adapt to it pretty quickly and often gravitate to usIng it. "Pocket" as a verb sounds like stealing, Oliver Twist style and actually sounds rather British.