Efren playing with Predator Z3? :O

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not aware that Efren had ever played with Predator cues, were you?

1672593290263.png

It seems to be a Predator BK2 butt with Z3 shaft.
There's a shot on the 2 that he actually missed (undercut) because he expected bigger deflection as he played inside english. :)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he used it a few months a couple years ago then trashed it. He might have also used it when he played that action match with the Dominican Republic fellow in NYC that ended in controversy. Sorry, I forgot his name.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think he used it a few months a couple years ago then trashed it. He might have also used it when he played that action match with the Dominican Republic fellow in NYC that ended in controversy. Sorry, I forgot his name.

in think his name is reyes too

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Reyes-Cruz?

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not aware that Efren had ever played with Predator cues, were you?

View attachment 678772

It seems to be a Predator BK2 butt with Z3 shaft.
There's a shot on the 2 that he actually missed (undercut) because he expected bigger deflection as he played inside english. :)
I’m gonna get hate for this. I love Efren, but last time I saw him play in person he couldn’t make a ball. I’m exaggerating but you know what I mean. It’s not even the question of if he still got it, it’s a question of if he still cares, and I respectfully think he doesn't care about pool anymore. So I wouldn’t put too much into which cue he’s currently shooting with.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
@Mustardeer :
Yeah, he's not really playing all that well anymore, I've seen some fairly recent clips from the Philippines. But that's ok, time takes its toll.
I'm not even sure how old the above clip is, but I was still genuinely surprised by seeing him sport a Predator playing cue.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I’m gonna get hate for this. I love Efren, but last time I saw him play in person he couldn’t make a ball. I’m exaggerating but you know what I mean. It’s not even the question of if he still got it, it’s a question of if he still cares, and I respectfully think he doesn't care about pool anymore. So I wouldn’t put too much into which cue he’s currently shooting with.
He sure cares .
Still gets a ton of action in the islands down there .
He's playing the third and 4th tier of players there now but he still gets a ton of action .

9ball123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched him play several hours this past weekend and I don't think he missed a ball. That joker can still play pretty good when he want's too.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched him play several hours this past weekend and I don't think he missed a ball. That joker can still play pretty good when he want's too.
Lovely to hear that. I guess we'll see soon against Thorsten.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
what was the controversy?
pm is ok

Rusty in Montana

I knew there was a reason why I liked Efren even if I'm sure predator is taking way better care of him than they ever will me and I've been doing very well while playing with my predator cues ha ha
Yes I'm just stirring the pot here .

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's definitely using a BK2 butt but I think the shaft is a Z2 not a Z3.
Hm, I really do think it was Z3 in the original clip. It can be clearly spotted in the image I attached to the 1st post. Z2 has a considerably different logo.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hm, I really do think it was Z3 in the original clip. It can be clearly spotted in the image I attached to the 1st post. Z2 has a considerably different logo.
Yes the "Z" logos are night and day different...however, on one of his recent matches on youtube in the Philippines, I zoomed in and it was definitely a Z2.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes the "Z" logos are night and day different...however, on one of his recent matches on youtube in the Philippines, I zoomed in and it was definitely a Z2.

Interesting, so he might have switched to Z2 in the meantime. Either that, or using them both, I guess.

Part of me feels it's a shame he didn't switch to Predator sooner. I reckon it could have only helped his game overall, but more than that, I feel the Predator company would have treated him well, and he could have gotten the best sponsorship deal in the world.