Efren pointing to where CB was supposed to be

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but many times I see Efren point to, or tap the table with his cue, where the CB was supposed to end up. (He is not the only one who does this)
When Efren does this he's not indicating that he made a mistake, but rather that the laws of physics had mistaken him. Tapping the table is a silent yet stern warning to the natural laws not to fail him again, or else he'd have to use some magic to circumvent the laws and make physics look bad. I mean, we've all seen it when he resorts to sorcery.

Last edited:

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When Efren does it -- it's fine but when every B player on the planet does it -- it's about as annoying as watching a C player play one-pocket.

When you rarely run out to begin with, it's assumed that you're going to make a lot of positional errors so stop pretending like it's some big annomily when your cue ball ends up 4 feet from where you intended it because NOBODY cares!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I feel it does help me to focus on position by pointing to where I want the cue ball to go. In case my position is working well it's also a strong psychological move.

As for the after thing, I don't mind it. Sometimes I'm asking myself, "Where on Earth did he want to go?" The pointing answers my question. I don't think of it as complaining. I think it's more like, "Well, that's how bad I hit it."

Choosing and pinpointing a spot has really helped with position play. I noticed that it seemed whenever I pointed at the rail along the line I wanted the CB to be on I always ended up there, on the rail!! So I started using my cue more to pinpoint exactly where I wanted to be instead of just an "area", sometimes even walking to my shooting spot with my tip on the table so I can see exactly where I am going from my shooting perspective.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I feel it does help me to focus on position by pointing to where I want the cue ball to go. In case my position is working well it's also a strong psychological move.

As for the after thing, I don't mind it. Sometimes I'm asking myself, "Where on Earth did he want to go?" The pointing answers my question. I don't think of it as complaining. I think it's more like, "Well, that's how bad I hit it."

I point sometimes. But only when I'm so far off the mark that I point to the spot to show how off I was. Never heard a single complaint about it.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time he does that, he's telling his opponent this is where I woulda got if this match was worth more.