Elforyn?

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
I apologize in advance if this has been covered but has anybody used this material and if so how do you like it? I'm looking for something white with good machining properties. I have some white Atlas linen phenolic material that I use and I like working with it but it's very difficult to keep perfectly clean while sanding prior to finishing. I have tried sealing it with CA immediately after turning and this helps but I still get some dust embedded. I don't like working with plastics and I find Delrin too "waxy" (adhesive and finish resistant) for my liking so I wondered if this stuff might be a good material when I need white joint collars and butt caps.

Any opinions on this stuff from people who have worked with it or alternate suggestions regarding white materials? Any hot tips for keeping white linen phenolic clean?

Thanks in advance;

KN

dave sutton

Banned
i use the same stuff. ageus it called. very hard to keep clean. personally i dont like elforyn. its soft. i dont even like the looks honestly. i got some made a few cues then gave the rest away

you best bet it to tape off the joint after cutting. thats what i do. i dont sand it at all.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Get the Elforyn. Its a wonderful material & exactly what you are looking for....it machines like butter and you CAN'T get it dirty. Try it...trust me you'll love it. Its the only white material I use now. :thumbup:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Get a filter for your air blower. Blow out the fine dust.
White linen phenolic??? Aegis II?

Last edited:

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
I use elforyn for joints and butt caps. I like it very well, and as Mr. Varney stated, it machines easily. It gives a soft hit when used as a ferrule. IMO

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies so far, it sounds like there's a couple of different opinions. I have to get some stuff from Atlas so I'll see if they will maybe send me a sample that I can mess with.

Somebody asked about the white linen phenolic I use, it's from Atlas and I think it's Ivorene as I recall. It's nice stuff except it's hard to keep clean. I like the linen phenolics because they machine well and finish well and they're tough. I experimented with some of the MPI ivory substitute but it melts too easy for me. I like the way Delrin machines but nothing will stick to it, it's like trying to glue Teflon.