Elite Cues any good ?

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking for a sneaky Pete with green veneers and not have to pay a fortune for one just to bang a few balls. I found a Elite cue that has the green veneers but I do not much about them. Are they a decent cue for the money. Here is a link to it.
It says they hit similar to a Meucci.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Similar hit to an action brand cue, same makers, nothing like a Meucci IMO.

Also, just my .02, think you would better off saving up and buying a nice cue rather than a bunch of cheap cues.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
same thing as a players i bet, ive seen em in person, look identical with different logo

probably plays as good as a players id bet, which is a good thing

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another Asian import cue. Decent beginner/mid-level cue. Will do anything a hi-dollar cue will. IIRC these are made by same outfit that makes Archer's Scorpion line.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Sheeit even the finish is still slick and shiney on my players, and I use the piss out of it,much better than that crackpot, I mean schmelke finish that few times I've had em, fit is also perfect, the value for the price cannot be beaten

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Also, just my .02, think you would better off saving up and buying a nice cue rather than a bunch of cheap cues.
Tough for a leopard to change his spots. It appears that the goal here is to spend the absolute least $$ possible. Whatever floats-ur-boat i guess. I'm with you, spend a grand or so and get a killer cue and be done. Get one of these imports as a back-up bar banger cue.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member

Why do you think he's better off with a more expensive cue that does the same thing as a cheap but very well made cue , just curious

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I have a break cue with wood to wood joint, as in the screw is wood. It hits very well and is straight as can be 6 years later.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you think he's better off with a more expensive cue that does the same thing as a cheap but very well made cue , just curious
I responded here if you wanted to have a look, I had a previous post in the thread as well.