Emerald Tips

IYAH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone play with an Emerald Tips what do you compare it with and your comments please

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had it for a while now, perhaps 20 hours of play.
At first I liked it, feels like medium soft to me.
Holding shape well.
It is glazing over now a lot, not sure why.
All in all not bad for the price.

northdakotafats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im a really big supporter of tigers tips. the emeralds are really good for the money as far as playability goes. I cant comment on the longevity of them though i havent used one long enough to know. I have a everest tip right now and love it. im planning on getting the sniper for my next tip. I can say confidently that you will be happy with the emerald tip.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I used one once. It was a very good tip, especially for the price.
I went back, however, to my all time favorite, the Everest. :)

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Fairly good player in Springfield showed me me an Emerald tip on a cue that had been on there for over a year. He told me the only thing he had done to the cue since it was installed was chalk it. He bragged how it didn't glaze over like other tips but I could see glaze on that tip as he spoke. :)

However, he never miscued the whole time I watched him play. I bought a few and will put one on some of these days.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you search, you will find threads about Emeralds. Many players really love them. I have one on a shaft. I was told it was more like a Medium Hard rather than a Medium Soft. I would agree. It plays harder than the Everest that I had, but not as hard as any of my Hard tips. I like it better than Everest (which also a lot of people really like). I haven't played with it enough to have it glaze over. I can't compare it with anything because to me it doesn't have any noticable characteristics like other tips. That should be a good thing, since we're in this to play pool and not to think about the characteristics of our equipment. I think it is worth a try to see if it matches your tastes.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are the standard tip now on the Pechauer Pro series cues.
So there must be something about them that they like.

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you guys ever noticed that every thread on tips turns into a triangle thread. Which leads me to believe that there is a good tip out there. Anyone wants to guess?

I always go back to them too.:)

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
I've had one on for well over a year. I really like them. As far as the glazing issue goes I got by that. I use a tip pick. Edge only. Oh, and I shoot 3 leagues a week and tourney on Sat. plus practice in my basement. I've also put several on friends cues and they like em 2. Hope that helps. Don