Entire point center fell clean out.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I‘ve seen pieces broken out of points, but I I’ve never seen this. Found it interesting.

How involved of a repair is this, not having the missing piece?

Thanks
167CD2F9-09F8-4949-A395-ACB0151B7F5E.jpeg
1506F9FB-6DF3-4A6D-B456-0D735FA81D88.jpeg
39CA79E9-D310-45ED-8132-D23423F3E7C2.jpeg
D22BA0D7-89DB-4D78-BC78-7C4EF380E23F.jpeg

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can be repaired but requires some pretty good surgery. It will take an experienced cue builder. Butt will have to be re turned down.
If it means turning-down the cue, I think I’d rather just have it filled with epoxy or something and refinished.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not a difficult repair if your goal is to maintain it basically cosmetically. It is a Joss, and nothing wrong with that, but it wasn't all that valuable. So just take it to the local who does your repair work and have him put it back together maybe, or send it to Dan Janes in Laurel MD and have them repair and refinish it for you, which I would personally do if I was particularly fond of it.

I sent a used Capone cue to Mike Capone that I bought used to be rewrapped several years ago because i wanted it back original and it had been rewrapped by someone else and poorly done. When I got it back I opened the package and to my surprise it was completely refinished. I called Mike immediately and say hey pardner, this thing is beautiful, but I only paid for a rewrap and it has fresh clear and a new wrap, what gives? His words were, yea I know you did but we're good if you are, that stick has my name on it. So ya never know!

Why would you put this post in the for sale section instead of Ask a cuemaker?

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give Dan a call. He is a great guy and might find it worth his time to fix for free. I would want to know why it failed if it was my cue with my company name on it.

Pretty interesting story...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Give Dan a call. He is a great guy and might find it worth his time to fix for free. I would want to know why it failed if it was my cue with my company name on it.

Pretty interesting story...
It failed because 40 year old glue finally gave up, and it was never refinished to protect it.

These were made to play with, not to survive for centuries

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It failed because 40 year old glue finally gave up, and it was never refinished to protect it.

These were made to play with, not to survive for centuries
Never sealed at all? That could certainly be an issue and the old glue may have just expired.. I would still run it by him with a call..

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Think the person who said to send back to Joss, for restoration & refinishing made a brillent statement.

Think with repair & refurbishing you have something special to play with for small out lay of 💵