ESPN PBA Bowling and Jeanette Lee

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I was channel surfing and they have the Black Widow interviewing bowlers on ESPN Classic PBA Bowling 2007 All Star Shootout.....
 
they were trying to make her a "personality"

mooseman said:
Wow I was channel surfing and they have the Black Widow interviewing bowlers on ESPN Classic PBA Bowling 2007 All Star Shootout.....

They were trying to make her a spokesperson. When someone very close to her died she skipped out of an event after fulfilling her contract to the bare minimum and that seemed to put the skids on the deal with ESPN. Perhaps they are reconsidering or perhaps this footage predates that.

Of course, everything I am saying could be dead wrong. Just my perspective. One of those times when pool and Jeanette loses, but I think ESPN is a loser too if they really dropped her in a snit.

Hu
 
ShootingArts said:
Of course, everything I am saying could be dead wrong. Just my perspective.

Hu

Hu,
Errr....sorry...but I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong. The bowling interview gig was one of several independent gigs she did for ESPN last year (also did interviews on the red carpet at the ESPY awards that year). They liked those gigs enough to sign her to a longer term personal services contract for this year (I'm not sure how long it runs; but it was reported in our local news as well as on AZB - at least a year).

You may be unaware that the WPBA telecasts that have her competing, have ratings several fold higher than those with other competitors (thus the ESPN desire to have occasional "Black Widow Weekends" where they re-run many of her past matches). My impression was that ESPN was completely enamored with her; and wanted her to do far more broadcasting than her schedule and personal desires would allow.
 
Could be

I could well be wrong. I just noted she was all over ESPN until Gene's death and then disappeared when she put personal business in front of ESPN's desires. This was at least how it appeared to me and I watch a good bit of ESPN.

She was rated one of the ten sexiest women on ESPN and nobody knows better than ESPN that sex sells. She has a lot to offer besides looks as she has always focused on being as professional as possible. I was really hoping to see her take off as an ESPN personality in all areas for the benefit of pool but that doesn't seem to be happening for whatever reasons.

Hu


Williebetmore said:
Hu,
Errr....sorry...but I'm pretty sure you are dead wrong. The bowling interview gig was one of several independent gigs she did for ESPN last year (also did interviews on the red carpet at the ESPY awards that year). They liked those gigs enough to sign her to a longer term personal services contract for this year (I'm not sure how long it runs; but it was reported in our local news as well as on AZB - at least a year).

You may be unaware that the WPBA telecasts that have her competing, have ratings several fold higher than those with other competitors (thus the ESPN desire to have occasional "Black Widow Weekends" where they re-run many of her past matches). My impression was that ESPN was completely enamored with her; and wanted her to do far more broadcasting than her schedule and personal desires would allow.
 
a word from a friend of Jeanette's

I just got a PM from someone in a position to know. They tell me that for various reasons Jeanette is the one that is not interested in having a higher profile on ESPN. I still think it is a shame for the sake of pool but apparently some rumors I heard at the time she attended the funeral did not actually affect the business dealings between J Lee and ESPN. Being second hand or worse information the rumors could have been false to begin with which is why I never put this forward as absolute fact.

Just clearing waters that I muddied myself.

Hu
 
Back
Top