Europe wins Mosconi Cup

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin beats Skyler 5-4. Skyler did virtually nothing wrong in the final racks. He played a perfect safety, Albin made an amazing kick that won him the game. After the kick, he played a good safe, and with no extension left, Skyler was forced to play a jump shot really quickly, made a great hit but sold out the rack.

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
He was trying to jump bank it back into the 8 in the jaws, just barely missed it.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was extremely impressed with Skyler. I watched all of his matches, and I can't recall one instance where he missed a makeable shot, or messed up a run out when there weren't complications that forced safety play or breakouts.

The only errors I recall him making were kick shots, safety play, or missing really tough shots that you would expect anyone to miss.

I know Bergman had the better match results, but Skyler shot better than anyone on team USA.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
That was an awesome match. Skyler out played Albin, but the score just didn't show it. How about Shanes jump shot and run out on the hill. That was exciting too.

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was an awesome match. Skyler out played Albin, but the score just didn't show it. How about Shanes jump shot and run out on the hill. That was exciting too.

Really happy for Shane. After struggling all week and losing his other two singles matches, with all the pressure of being USA's top player and leader, he would have been destroyed mentally if he had lost that last match and the entire cup for USA.

I can't imagine a better result for Shane's confidence than to be hill-hill where a single game could lose USA the cup, and to not only come with a break and run, but start it off with an extremely hard jump shot that could lose everything if not executed perfectly.