ever hear of robertson cues?

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
Over here in Germany I only have one place to go and look at/ purchase cues locally.. out of the case at my "home" hall. The case is stocked by an out of town dealer (1-2 hours away) and he only shows up every few weeks or so... everything is in the case .. from cheap china cues to JOSS....one recently showed up there that caught my eye... but i have never heard of the maker.. Robertson??????.... does anybody know anything about this name?
 
smokeandapancak said:
Over here in Germany I only have one place to go and look at/ purchase cues locally.. out of the case at my "home" hall. The case is stocked by an out of town dealer (1-2 hours away) and he only shows up every few weeks or so... everything is in the case .. from cheap china cues to JOSS....one recently showed up there that caught my eye... but i have never heard of the maker.. Robertson??????.... does anybody know anything about this name?



http://www.robertsonbilliards.com/ ??????
Doug
 
smokeandapancak said:
Over here in Germany I only have one place to go and look at/ purchase cues locally.. out of the case at my "home" hall. The case is stocked by an out of town dealer (1-2 hours away) and he only shows up every few weeks or so... everything is in the case .. from cheap china cues to JOSS....one recently showed up there that caught my eye... but i have never heard of the maker.. Robertson??????.... does anybody know anything about this name?

Are you talking a custom cue or a production cue?
 
Maybe the name is Robinson? There is a cue maker in California that has been making custom cues for over thirty years that I know of. I think his name is John Robinson. I don't think that he ever made production cues. He makes a fine cue.
 
If it is Robertsons, the cue maker is Wayne Ball, he makes all the cues for them in the in house shop. He also does repair and custom work. He is a great cue maker, he made me a real nice shaft for my Adams.

I have been dealing with Robertsons since 1974, Tom the present owner is selling the supply part of the business to Alana.

If you need info on the cue, post a pic and I will get you all the details on it from Wayne.:)
 
I will post pics in a few days.. thanks for the help...
is this the same company in the post from Doug? .... That site seemed to be more supply related..
the cue is very detailed .. lotsa inlay work.. prodiction.. custom .. dunno... cant really tell... and being as how the dealer is hard to get hold i would rather rely on you all to help me out anyway...
 
smokeandapancak said:
I will post pics in a few days.. thanks for the help...
is this the same company in the post from Doug? .... That site seemed to be more supply related..
the cue is very detailed .. lotsa inlay work.. prodiction.. custom .. dunno... cant really tell... and being as how the dealer is hard to get hold i would rather rely on you all to help me out anyway...


Yes, it's the same dealer as the link I enclosed. Why is it hard to reach the dealer ? Can't you just click on the link that I posted and then click on CONTACT US ?
Doug
( Robertson's has a cue shop with Wayne Ball and previously Ricco Cervantes.... good luck )
 
smokeandapancak said:
I will post pics in a few days.. thanks for the help...
is this the same company in the post from Doug? .... That site seemed to be more supply related..
the cue is very detailed .. lotsa inlay work.. prodiction.. custom .. dunno... cant really tell... and being as how the dealer is hard to get hold i would rather rely on you all to help me out anyway...

Yes, it is the same. They have a long history of making cues in the Tampa Bay area. The site is kinda boring, maybe since Alana is taking over she will make it better.

If the cue turns out to be made by Robertsons, I can get you all the info on it.:)
 
Robinson

I accidently wrote Robinson, I meant Robertson

Just so there is no confusion, these are a totally different cue that is being sold over here in Europe and has nothing to do with Robertson in America. It unfortunately has the same name!! These cues here in Europe are just another Asian import.

no-sho
 
Last edited:
no-sho said:
That particular cue your inquiring about is made in Asia. I believe the main supplier for this cue is Winsport in Germany.
http://www.billard.de/oxid.php/sid/1ea53a03ba90d0f60acff7027f30f76c/cl/alist/cnid/ox154
Here is another distributer of this cue in Austria
http://www.bdm.at/shop/index.html?c~1
Those aren't real inlays, they're just decals...;)
No-sho

Nice....I never knew of another Robertson. Too bad cause Wayne makes all the cues himself at my Robertsons, and he does nice work. Dang.:mad:



:)
 
219 euro for what is a knock off China stick?.. kinda pricey..."roberstons custom cues" what a crock..... I shulda known those were stickers .... by the way... how did you know that it was this cue? ..austria is long way form here...
 
Back
Top