Exciting Tournament and Sponsorship Funding

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
There is a fabulous new crowdfunding site called BackerTV.com. Developed by pool player Kim Jones, it supports funding pool tournaments and players, whether events or individual sponsorships. Our first campaign is funding the Western BCA 8 Ball event in March, and the companion event, the Chinook Winds Open, held in Lincoln City, OR. https://backertv.com/proj…/western-bca-8-ball-championships/

Last year’s top competitors included Rodney Morris (last year’s winner), Shane Van Boening, Corey Deuel, Jayson Shaw, Carlo Biado, Scott Frost, Mike Massey, Rebecca Wagner (last year’s winner), Allison Fisher, Vivian Villarreal and many others!

This is an exciting way to raise additional funding which goes straight to the players in addition to entry fees and added money! Do you have a product or service you would like to get the word out to over 1300 pool players, via announcements, live streaming, or ads? Or could you donate product to swag bags, advertise in our program, or donate as little as $5? Check out the fabulous perks at each level!

We are counting on you to:

1. Sign up on BackerTV to get on the Team!
2. Donate $$ - as little as $5
3. Donate products - small or large
4. Spread the word about Backer TV. If you can Tweet, have a website, a Facebook page, an Instagram account, or whatever media you can get it out to, we would really appreciate it!

This is the wave of the future to fund all athletes and events. Thank you in advance for being a part of it!
playing-a-game-of-pool-smiley-emoticon.gif
5373.gif

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Great idea. Looks like a win win.

There are some nice perks and gives everything me an opportunity to be a part of it without having to give a lot of money.

🎱

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Specifics Please

I sent you a pm. I am interested in the process that you use to decide on who gets the funding. We have the facility in North Carolina that will handle 900 capacity, the best tables for it, full bar, kitchen and affordable local hotels. Chandleys Chalk and Cue in Statesville would be interested in vying for some events.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
I sent you a pm. I am interested in the process that you use to decide on who gets the funding. We have the facility in North Carolina that will handle 900 capacity, the best tables for it, full bar, kitchen and affordable local hotels. Chandleys Chalk and Cue in Statesville would be interested in vying for some events.

This program is open to anyone in the US, not just the NW. A pool player can get backing for tournament entries and travel costs, then circulate it in their social circle through various media.

There is no 'list' for who can start a campaign, although nefarious or dubious campaigns would not be allowed. And the campaigns don't have to be confined to pool or even sports for that matter. If someone is trying to get money for a chess tournament, go for it! It was built primarily for competitions of any kind. Go to the How it Works page and on the right side, you will see a suggested list of activities that you could fund, from Education, Church and Music, to Journalism and Technology.

Kim Jones is the primary contact person who conceived and implemented this program. You can reach her on BackerTV.com, where there is a Contact form. Or you can reach me through poolmyfinger@gmail.com. I and various other folks, like Cindy Doty are on the fundraising committee for the WBCA campaign, that has been holding the largest regional BCA tournament twice a year since the late 80's, I believe.

You can have your event on the calendar, post your flyer, etc. Go check it out and spread the word after you start a campaign and let me know how it goes!

Linda

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Thank you!

Thank you I will check it out.

Robin

This program is open to anyone in the US, not just the NW. A pool player can get backing for tournament entries and travel costs, then circulate it in their social circle through various media.

There is no 'list' for who can start a campaign, although nefarious or dubious campaigns would not be allowed. And the campaigns don't have to be confined to pool or even sports for that matter. If someone is trying to get money for a chess tournament, go for it! It was built primarily for competitions of any kind. Go to the How it Works page and on the right side, you will see a suggested list of activities that you could fund, from Education, Church and Music, to Journalism and Technology.

Kim Jones is the primary contact person who conceived and implemented this program. You can reach her on BackerTV.com, where there is a Contact form. Or you can reach me through poolmyfinger@gmail.com. I and various other folks, like Cindy Doty are on the fundraising committee for the WBCA campaign, that has been holding the largest regional BCA tournament twice a year since the late 80's, I believe.

You can have your event on the calendar, post your flyer, etc. Go check it out and spread the word after you start a campaign and let me know how it goes!

Linda

Last edited: