It?s been a week since I came home to Norway after my two weeks in the Philippines during the World Championship.
For those of you who are familiar with One Side and have visited the poolhall have most likely met the family outside, who live on the street/sidewalk just outside the mainentrance of One Side.
When I was in Manila in February I tried to help the family as much as I could, and I gave them food every day. The family of 4 (Honelyn Julia & Julius Gabriano and their 2 very small kids Marvin & Sarah Jay) was a pleasure to help. Always smiling and thankful, and Marvin had always a nice laughter when he got a small chocolate or a coin. Around the 12th of February I noticed that the mum was not there, and I asked Julius where she was and he told me that she was at the hospital giving birth to twins.
I was shocked. They were already 4 in the family, and with no money, and now they should have 2 more to support. I couldn?t do much, but I hurried to the mall and bought some clothes and diapers, and also some medicine to them.
When I now visited Manila again they still lived on the street outside One Side, just sleeping on the sidewalk at nights. Myra was the smallest baby, and the only one. I didn?t ask what happened to her twin, but Myra looked happy there she smiled in her mothers arms.
Already in February I decided that I wanted to help this family, but I didn?t know how. To be honest I still don?t know what I can do for them, but I have decided that I will try to raise some money so maybe they can at least get a room where they can sleep at nights, or enough money to get the kids at school when they get old enough.
I have talked to a local newspaper here in Norway, and they are interested in covering the story and also go with me to the Philippines sometimes during next year. I am planning a trip in March, and hope I have good news for the family by then.
So why am I writing this here on AzBilliards?
Well, during the World Championship I bought 2 big pieces of white paper and started to get a lot of autographs from many of the players. I will sell both posters here on AzB, and the money raised from poster nr 1 will help the family on the street. The money from poster nr 2 will help another family, who has a lovely girl at age 8 and a boy at age 12. They have already got their own house, but with a very bad roof and no windows. I visited the family?s house, and it didn?t look good?
For family nr 2 I know I need about 1000 $ to help them fix the roof and the windows. For the first family, the One Side family, I still don?t know how much money I need or what help I can give them. At this time I will first try to sell the posters and figure out a way to help them. Maybe someone on here has ideas how to help them? Any Filipinos maybe, who visit One Side frequently?
Anyway, the posters are now for sale. If anyone are interested in buying them, please let me know your offer either public here or PM me.
The players who have signed the posters are:
Efren Reyes
Fransisco Bustamante
Ronato Alcano
Dennis Orcullo
Joven Bustamante
Roberto Gomez
Alex Pagulayan
Jharome Pena
Antonio Gabica
Jeffrey De Luna
Mika Immonen
Nick van den Berg
Niels Feijen
Alex Lely
Corey Deuel
Rodney Morris
Shane van Boening
Pat Holtz
Tony Drago
Konstantin Stepanov
Marcus Chamat
Imran Majid
Raj Hundal
Charlie Williams
David Alcaide
Fabio Petroni
Karl Boyes
Li He-Wen
Thorsten Hohmann
Ralf Souquet
Karl Boyes
For those of you who are familiar with One Side and have visited the poolhall have most likely met the family outside, who live on the street/sidewalk just outside the mainentrance of One Side.
When I was in Manila in February I tried to help the family as much as I could, and I gave them food every day. The family of 4 (Honelyn Julia & Julius Gabriano and their 2 very small kids Marvin & Sarah Jay) was a pleasure to help. Always smiling and thankful, and Marvin had always a nice laughter when he got a small chocolate or a coin. Around the 12th of February I noticed that the mum was not there, and I asked Julius where she was and he told me that she was at the hospital giving birth to twins.
I was shocked. They were already 4 in the family, and with no money, and now they should have 2 more to support. I couldn?t do much, but I hurried to the mall and bought some clothes and diapers, and also some medicine to them.
When I now visited Manila again they still lived on the street outside One Side, just sleeping on the sidewalk at nights. Myra was the smallest baby, and the only one. I didn?t ask what happened to her twin, but Myra looked happy there she smiled in her mothers arms.
Already in February I decided that I wanted to help this family, but I didn?t know how. To be honest I still don?t know what I can do for them, but I have decided that I will try to raise some money so maybe they can at least get a room where they can sleep at nights, or enough money to get the kids at school when they get old enough.
I have talked to a local newspaper here in Norway, and they are interested in covering the story and also go with me to the Philippines sometimes during next year. I am planning a trip in March, and hope I have good news for the family by then.
So why am I writing this here on AzBilliards?
Well, during the World Championship I bought 2 big pieces of white paper and started to get a lot of autographs from many of the players. I will sell both posters here on AzB, and the money raised from poster nr 1 will help the family on the street. The money from poster nr 2 will help another family, who has a lovely girl at age 8 and a boy at age 12. They have already got their own house, but with a very bad roof and no windows. I visited the family?s house, and it didn?t look good?
For family nr 2 I know I need about 1000 $ to help them fix the roof and the windows. For the first family, the One Side family, I still don?t know how much money I need or what help I can give them. At this time I will first try to sell the posters and figure out a way to help them. Maybe someone on here has ideas how to help them? Any Filipinos maybe, who visit One Side frequently?
Anyway, the posters are now for sale. If anyone are interested in buying them, please let me know your offer either public here or PM me.
The players who have signed the posters are:
Efren Reyes
Fransisco Bustamante
Ronato Alcano
Dennis Orcullo
Joven Bustamante
Roberto Gomez
Alex Pagulayan
Jharome Pena
Antonio Gabica
Jeffrey De Luna
Mika Immonen
Nick van den Berg
Niels Feijen
Alex Lely
Corey Deuel
Rodney Morris
Shane van Boening
Pat Holtz
Tony Drago
Konstantin Stepanov
Marcus Chamat
Imran Majid
Raj Hundal
Charlie Williams
David Alcaide
Fabio Petroni
Karl Boyes
Li He-Wen
Thorsten Hohmann
Ralf Souquet
Karl Boyes
Last edited: