Expo pro tournament now a matchroom event

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said in another post I got ripped for the Sbx pro tournament needed something to get pros back interested and worth while. It wasn’t enough money and the single elimination wasn’t going to get guys to travel anymore with everything else going on in the pro Well it’s now back to double elimination , race to 11 and it’s a matchroom points event. Good move Allen. I would love to see the expo vendors really growing again.
 
Agreed. This is very good news and, hopefully, it will help draw those thirsty for Matchroom ranking points.
 
For some reason I’m not optimistic. This event has, at least for the last 20 years, been about the same strength field as the joss year end turningstone final. A handful of pros and the rest regional players.

I don’t think the MR link will change it much.
 
For some reason I’m not optimistic. This event has, at least for the last 20 years, been about the same strength field as the joss year end turningstone final. A handful of pros and the rest regional players.

I don’t think the MR link will change it much.
WNT World 9-Ball Championship has a $1M prize fund, you can bet your last dollar that there will be a strong pro presence this year at the Expo. The players will be horny for anything attached to Matchroom for those sweet points.
 
Back
Top