Eye glasses for pool

Nyquil

So I need to get my prescription re analyzed its been several years. I know they make snooker glasses, but my wife may call it quits if I starting rocking something in that realm. I have prescription ray ban aviators and my Oakley office glasses I think the aviator frame can work for my needs. Problem is my current pair are sunglasses. Anyway I was thinking of getting clear lenses in an aviator frame they have a naturally taller lens and just working with optometrist to dial them in for dual use. I just want to see what others have used if there is diff recommended brands/models etc people have luck with. Yes, I know you can get Lasik but I am not lasering my eyeballs. Just personal preference. I got decent insurance so I can get new frames covered with lenses for pretty cheap. I dont mind glasses at all just need to find something that works.

Brent

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I need to get my prescription re analyzed its been several years. I know they make snooker glasses, but my wife may call it quits if I starting rocking something in that realm. I have prescription ray ban aviators and my Oakley office glasses I think the aviator frame can work for my needs. Problem is my current pair are sunglasses. Anyway I was thinking of getting clear lenses in an aviator frame they have a naturally taller lens and just working with optometrist to dial them in for dual use. I just want to see what others have used if there is diff recommended brands/models etc people have luck with. Yes, I know you can get Lasik but I am not lasering my eyeballs. Just personal preference. I got decent insurance so I can get new frames covered with lenses for pretty cheap. I dont mind glasses at all just need to find something that works.

Brent
Get pool/snooker glasses. Screw the goofy look, they're only for pool. Reg. glasses can be a real pia because you tend to look over them and not thru them while shooting. Try shooting with what you have on and see if you are looking thru the lens or at/over the frame. Good friend got a pair out of the UK and with his scrip they were around 300bux. He swears by them. Pretty sure it was here: https://www.snookerspex.com/ Bill Curran here in the US has nice stuff but you're going to pay quite a bit more. https://www.williamcurranopticians.com/

Nyquil

Get pool/snooker glasses. Screw the goofy look, they're only for pool. Reg. glasses can be a real pia because you tend to look over them and not thru them while shooting. Try shooting with what you have on and see if you are looking thru the lens or at/over the frame. Good friend got a pair out of the UK and with his scrip they were around 300bux. He swears by them. Pretty sure it was here: https://www.snookerspex.com/ Bill Curran here in the US has nice stuff but you're going to pay quite a bit more. https://www.williamcurranopticians.com/
Ya, I seen these. I may just swing for some. My dillemia is I need prescription sunglasses for day driving and a work pair with the new prescription, so if I was to snag these that would be a third pair. I can get the first pair 100% covered (coatings included) and a second pair I think around 50% after that I am on my own out of pocket for a year. They definitely would fit the bill though.

Tadaimarlon

I have the same problem.
Ya, I seen these. I may just swing for some. My dillemia is I need prescription sunglasses for day driving and a work pair with the new prescription, so if I was to snag these that would be a third pair. I can get the first pair 100% covered (coatings included) and a second pair I think around 50% after that I am on my own out of pocket for a year. They definitely would fit the bill though.
You can get photochromic lenses. They change their shade when they are exposed to UV lights, which means that they turn into sunglasses when used outdoors. When you go inside they change back to normal glasses.

My wife has some, they're amazing.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zenni.com.... You will not regret it. I am about to order my second pair in a mid range progressive, trivex lens material. Anti scratch, blue blocker, anti reflective coating for $85.00. Free shipping.. My first ones are great but are a distance progressive and I want to try the mid range. Good out to 14 feet should be perfect for pool. At these prices I could by 6 pair for what the local optical place wanted for one set of lenses!

cue4me

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zenni.com.... You will not regret it. I am about to order my second pair in a mid range progressive, trivex lens material. Anti scratch, blue blocker, anti reflective coating for $85.00. Free shipping.. My first ones are great but are a distance progressive and I want to try the mid range. Good out to 14 feet should be perfect for pool. At these prices I could by 6 pair for what the local optical place wanted for one set of lenses!
What frames from Zenni do you recommend so they extend above the eyebrow? I've found they need to go that high when shooting a table length shot unless you have quite an upright stance.

MurrayNevada

Curran is having a sale now. Great glasses for a specific purpose.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
I wear regular, single focus lens glasses/frames.
I need bifocals but can't shoot in them. I look over my glasses to read up close.
But since ditching the contacts and going to glasses my game has improved a lot.
I'd like to see Alex the Lion try this method. He seems confused about how to deal with his changing vision.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Any Optomitrist word a crsp, can write prescription for distance.

Wal-Mart, five or six glass chain have cheap glasses.

THam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1DFF9541-FF05-4952-9728-369F4EA2337A.jpeg

Get you some of these, I’d hate glasses playing pool, they’d fall off I would think.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I actually had a pair of these. They were actually very good for pool because you could adjust the hell out of them.

They just looked goofy as hell. LOL

Grimper

Brent
Lasik surgery. Best thing I've ever done.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i have several eye issues and have bought pool glasses from all the main players
i recently had cataract surgery and need new glasses for my new precription
the price from curran was going to be alittle north of $600 as i recall
so i decided to use https://billiard-eyeglasses.com/
who i had used before
gordon was very helpful in the past and he spent time with me now discussing my new prescription
cost with shipping to me in florida was $308 canadian which was $241 USD
i highly recommend billiard-eyeglasses
the glasses are high quality/ fit well /and most important
I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW !!! :D
billiard glasses on cue 2022.jpg
billiard glasses 2022.jpg

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This must be the 150th thread started abut billiard glasses.
Wake up.
Get contacts.
NO GLASSES on your face at the table.
They are unnecessary.
Very simple.
Bifocals, astigmatism, no problem.
Get contacts.