Farmington biliiards?

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone been to Farmington Billiards in Farmington NM.

It has been restored and renamed Bandit Billiards and Bistro.

It has been a pool room since 1931.

It looks like I might be moving to the area (fingers crossed) so I was wondering if anyone had a heads up on the place.

Supposed to have a 6x12, a 10 footer 3 eight footers and 3 nine footers,

I will give a report after I make my first visit to check things out.

Thanks in advance,

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone been to Farmington Billiards in Farmington NM.

It has been restored and renamed Bandit Billiards and Bistro.

It has been a pool room since 1931.

It looks like I might be moving to the area (fingers crossed) so I was wondering if anyone had a heads up on the place.

Supposed to have a 6x12, a 10 footer 3 eight footers and 3 nine footers,

I will give a report after I make my first visit to check things out.

Thanks in advance,

Around 4-5 months ago The "Alaskan Chris" texted me saying that he was travelling and was in Farmington, NM and wanted to know where the place to play some pool was.
I did not know that there is a pool Hall in Farmington. I said that I will contact a friend in Albuquerque and find out. The friend in Albuquerque said that she did not know anything about Farmington.

you said that Bandit Billiards (under a different name ) has been there since 1931 and still my friend from ABQ did not know about it. Farmington is 250 miles from ABQ.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Around 4-5 months ago The "Alaskan Chris" texted me saying that he was travelling and was in Farmington, NM and wanted to know where the place to play some pool was.
I did not know that there is a pool Hall in Farmington. I said that I will contact a friend in Albuquerque and find out. The friend in Albuquerque said that she did not know anything about Farmington.

you said that Bandit Billiards (under a different name ) has been there since 1931 and still my friend from ABQ did not know about it. Farmington is 250 miles from ABQ.

yes it is, small place. should be interesting

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I hope to be there by next month, look me up when your in the area

I may look you up too, if you end up there. I have family that lives in Aztec, which is literally right next door to Farmington, that we will visit sometime before summer is over. You're going to be real close to Durango, CO too...and although I can't remember the name of it, there's a nice, quiet little pool hall tucked away on a side street in the downtown area of that town also.

Maniac

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may look you up too, if you end up there. I have family that lives in Aztec, which is literally right next door to Farmington, that we will visit sometime before summer is over. You're going to be real close to Durango, CO too...and although I can't remember the name of it, there's a nice, quiet little pool hall tucked away on a side street in the downtown area of that town also.

Maniac

yes, durango is about an hour, maybe a little less

and please do, look me up if your in the area. I will update after i get there

Last edited:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

Just an update.

Unfortunately for me, Farmington Billiards, going to be renamed Bandit Billiards, has not opened yet. They where supposed to reopen in July of 2013 but are still waiting for a liquor license.

So for now there is noting worth playing on in town.

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met a couple guys that play somewhere there a few years back... last name Begay.

If you golf there is a great cheap course there

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Durango CO

Maniac

The name of the pool room in downtown Durango is Colorado Pongas. Fairly nice room with several pool enthusiasts hanging out.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colorado Pongas is not all that exciting, Had one 9 foot brunswick that played ok. It will be a if i am bored as hell type of thing.

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colorado Pongas is not all that exciting, Had one 9 foot brunswick that played ok. It will be a if i am bored as hell type of thing.

In Durango, this is about as exciting as it gets. If this room doesn't do it for you, then you're in for a rough time. That whole 4 corners area is pretty much a dead zone for pool. The San Luis Valley (southern Colorado) isn't much better.

If you happen to go back to Pongas, ask for Nick. He seems to know the "players", and possibly other places to play. Tell him I sent you.