Fast Larry is banned again?

Are you glad Fast Larry is gone?

• Hell yeah! That guy is 5 cans short of a six pack!

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • No. I liked hearing his stories and false boasts

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Fast who? Nobody knows him or cares.

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Flex said:
Well Folks, this is my first post here. I came across AZ some time ago, but haven't really checked out the forums because I've found Fast Larry's answers over on billiards - pool . net to be very helpful to me. I'm sorry to hear the administrators have decided to kick him off here. I understand there have been some misunderstandings, and those happen with most people at least some of the time. I'm not going to go back and check out the flame wars here about Fast, as that really doesn't interest me. I'm interested in pool, and how to play it best, the technical aspects of that, the psychological aspects, and so on, and most of my questions asked on BPN have really been answered to my satisfaction.

I don't anticipate posting a lot here, I'll read a bit, that's for sure, but flame wars and insults and so on are the way to be sure I'll look elsewhere for help and interesting conversation.

I wish you all well.

Best,

Flex

P.S. My work is in PR, that is public relations, and checking out the poll above it's quite clear that it's not a poll at all, just another attack on Fast, so I'll abstain from voting. I wonder why the poll isn't an honest one?

Flex, you are totally welcome here, and I hope you'll take advantage of the opportunity to converse with so many who love and know pool.

Rest assured, nearly all of us who post here feel the same way you do about flame wars.

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
Flex said:
Well Folks, this is my first post here. I came across AZ some time ago, but haven't really checked out the forums because I've found Fast Larry's answers over on billiards - pool . net to be very helpful to me. I'm sorry to hear the administrators have decided to kick him off here. I understand there have been some misunderstandings, and those happen with most people at least some of the time. I'm not going to go back and check out the flame wars here about Fast, as that really doesn't interest me. I'm interested in pool, and how to play it best, the technical aspects of that, the psychological aspects, and so on, and most of my questions asked on BPN have really been answered to my satisfaction.

I don't anticipate posting a lot here, I'll read a bit, that's for sure, but flame wars and insults and so on are the way to be sure I'll look elsewhere for help and interesting conversation.

I wish you all well.

Best,

Flex

P.S. My work is in PR, that is public relations, and checking out the poll above it's quite clear that it's not a poll at all, just another attack on Fast, so I'll abstain from voting. I wonder why the poll isn't an honest one?

Hey Fast, what took you so long!

Flex = FL, this board and the FL saga seems a little like groundhog day.

Flex

Banger
Silver Member
runmout said:
I think the grammar and spelling are too good for this to be FL.

Greetings, y'all !!

I am NOT Fast Larry. As for grammar and spelling and so on, my metier actually involves not a small amount of editing, but dispensing with trivia about yours truly, suffice it to say that while I haven't actually met Fast Larry, I have exchanged a bit of email with him, and spoken with him on the phone at length. In my humble opinion, he's awesome... Has never given me any advice but the best, is courteous and well spoken. However, as you may know, he is truly a MAN and doesn't take anything from anybody. If he were to just roll over and play dead whenever someone attacks his integrity he would be a wimp, which he certainly isn't. One of these days I'm sure I'll meet him and really am looking forward to that, as I have a few questions to ask him about potting certain quite difficult shots which he said he'd have to show me, as explaining them online is practically impossible. I appreciate his candor and look forward to beating him in a game of 9-ball or 8-ball or whatever. If I lose to him, and I probably will, it will not be a defeat for me but a victory, for I'll learn so much from him at that time that I just KNOW my game will improve.

I play a lot of pool, and have lost to some of the very best players to be found in Chicago. It doesn't bother me to lose like that, for I always go away inspired to improve, and by golly that improvement continues full speed ahead.

Cheers!

Flex

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flex said:
Greetings, y'all !!

In my humble opinion, he's awesome... Has never given me any advice but the best, is courteous and well spoken. However, as you may know, he is truly a MAN and doesn't take anything from anybody. If he were to just roll over and play dead whenever someone attacks his integrity he would be a wimp, which he certainly isn't. One of these days I'm sure I'll meet him and really am looking forward to that, as I have a few questions to ask him about potting certain quite difficult shots which he said he'd have to show me, as explaining them online is practically impossible. I appreciate his candor and look forward to beating him in a game of 9-ball or 8-ball or whatever. If I lose to him, and I probably will, it will not be a defeat for me but a victory, for I'll learn so much from him at that time that I just KNOW my game will improve.

Cheers!

Flex

Refusing to fight does not make a person a wimp. In fact, walking away from a fight, often takes more strength of character, and demonstrates that the person has a good image of who they really are. It also shows a certain amount of common sense in knowing that the fight is futile and there can be no winners in such a squabble.

Back when I thought that I had to defend every attack, perceived or real, I consider to have been at my worst. On those ocassions that I backslide and fight again with those who are not going to be swayed and will just be throwing fuel on a fire, I recognize I am at my worst again. Don't do it as often, but none of us is perfect LOL. I feel that it is the stronger person who walks away from trouble when they can.

Laura

All of a sudden my curiosity has taken over as I look at the start of this thread by APA7. Now I don't know if "APA7" is just a dream that you would like to have come to fruition, or, you in fact are an APA7 currently. But, as I scrolled through ALL of your posts, I found it quite curious that the majority of them were slamming FL (including this one), Bluewolf, and Gremlin. Very few if ANY had something of substance regarding pool that one would think an APA7 would possess and be able to contribute to a forum such as this. I mean, hell, with all of the myriad of subjects we've covered since last year, I would think you might have SOME in depth opinions that you could articulate on. Any good reasons or guesses...or am I now to be included on the hit list?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Bluewolf said:
Back when I thought that I had to defend every attack, perceived or real, I consider to have been at my worst. On those ocassions that I backslide and fight again with those who are not going to be swayed and will just be throwing fuel on a fire, I recognize I am at my worst again.
Laura

Laura,

Quite wise - excellent post. This is also a sign of maturity. I needed to learn the same wisdom, and hopefully I have.

Chris

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taking the high road vs being brutally honest

APA7 said:
Interesting to see how everyone feels.

Brian

Hey Brian,

Hope you are doing well. Yeah it was interesting. Tried to keep the high road on this one, and don't guess in some respects, said how I really felt. Already got a 'corrective email' on the last post I put up in this thread about FL. Just was not in the mood to get hate mail, if you get my drift.

And really, walking away from a fight and keeping things to myself,when I have the wisdom to do so, often is wisest.

Laura

Last edited: