February: $75 to best video

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will pay (via PayPal) $75 to the best amateur pool video clip that gets uploaded to my site, PoolVids.com. By "best", I mean I will use my judgement to determine what video I personally like best. I simply prefer quality pool playing, of any kind. Practice or match play is OK, so long as it's you. Straight pool runs would be a good idea, or maybe a short 9-ball match. The high run won't necessarily win, but it could -- I'm just looking for something that I will want to watch over and over again, to help improve my game. I've seen many on YouTube so I know they are out there!

Why? Because I'd like to build a nice library of amateur pool videos on my site, and this seems like a good / fun way to kick it off.

Rules:
-- you must submit your video by midnight ET, 2/29/08
-- you must be the copyright owner
-- you must be able to upload your vids on your own. I'll provide some technical support via email if needed (tonmo@poolvids.com), but I can't guarantee that I can solve your problem. Note that most video formats are supported and my site supports a file size of up to 100MB per video.
-- you can't delete your video after the "winner" is identified and the $75 is paid out. Well, technically you can, but that would really be a punk move. :) The purpose of this $75 investment is to build a library of quality videos, so please do consider your contribution permanent (whether you win or not).

Having more videos than just my own will help me to better promote the site and hopefully get some organic growth to what I think is a great idea (a free amateur pool video site -- I think lots of people will enjoy it, and the more videos, the better).

Let me know any questions... Thanks!

Last edited:

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
greath idea, i uploaded one from myself.

if i win it, the money will go to a AZB membership and the rest to sponser an AZB event. :D

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Solartje said:
greath idea, i uploaded one from myself.

if i win it, the money will go to a AZB membership and the rest to sponser an AZB event. :D
Cool! I just became a club member, to your point.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has any level of success, I may possibly do this on a monthly basis, though probably not a $75 prize. Thanks Solartje for your contribution, and good luck!

Others, please join in!

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
tonmo said:
If this has any level of success, I may possibly do this on a monthly basis... [...]

Cool idea! Thanks. I can't wait to see what this brings out of the woodwork.

If you decide to do an annual one, remember 2/29 only comes (APPROX.) once every four years. :)

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
tonmo said:
If this has any level of success, I may possibly do this on a monthly basis, though probably not a $75 prize. Thanks Solartje for your contribution, and good luck!

Others, please join in!

You are welcome Tonmo :)

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got lots of great vids so far. A week and a day left for more entrants!

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last notice -- Friday at midnight is the cut-off date, and on Saturday I will choose the winner of the $75 prize!

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK... The winner is....

http://www.poolvids.com/view/31/9-ball-practice-break-and-runout-iii/

billbOK

Why?
- Love the break-and-run style and touch
- love the table
- love the music
- even like the cue case in the background!
- billbOK is wearing a t-shirt featuring an 8-ball -- and according to my wife, 8 is the number of "abundance", so he's a natural winner. :)

billbOK submitted lots of really great videos, but this one is definitely my favorite. So he gets my $75.

What else? Well, to go above and beyond, all runners up get a "drink on me". since they were all really good submissions. So I will be sending $10 each to:
-- rivercity
-- champ2107
-- solartje
-- juanbond

Just PM me with your paypal email address here on AZ billiards, and I will make sure you get paid accordingly. Note I am travelling for business starting this weekend but will be back online later next week to make good on all payments.

Thanks for your submissions!! Please keep them coming -- I know there are many more good ones out there!

Last edited:

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Grats BillbOk !

:D and small wiiiiiiiiiiii for myself
I feel a membership coming up !

pm sent