Fedex flat rate shipping

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw this:

No surprise or hidden fees
We don’t add fuel, residential or delivery area surcharges to FedEx One Rate packages. Plus, we’ll cover up to $100 in declared value for each shipment at no additional charge. Flat rate boxes, envelopes, paks and tubes:

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 2.47.23 PM.png

Pick whether your package needs to get there in 1, 2 or 3 days.

Has anyone tried that? I assume $32.50 is for 3-day delivery.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
FedEx, for when you absolutely want your items destroyed.

I've only had 3 things broken in shipping in my life, and it was all from FedEx. One of them was a palleted motorcycle engine. They must have flipped it off of a truck to damage it the way it was damaged.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For about the same package I found UPS ground $17 and USPS Ground Advantage $23. (USPS has a surcharge for over 30 inches long.)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FedEx is the best service imo working at a large corporation for 15 years.

Personal use, due to cost, I use PirateShip and select UPS for cues.

Ps, the discount large corporations get from FedEx is huge. I used to ship a big Rubbermaid plastic tote from Atl to Philly full of tools for $6.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw this:

View attachment 757826

Has anyone tried that? I assume $32.50 is for 3-day delivery.
I ship all my cues Fed Ex Ground - I just shipped a cue yesterday South Florida to California is only $20. Two keys with Fed Ex- keep the length of the box under 38 inches otherwise a surcharge and a Round tube shipped is subject to a surcharge - the Fed Ex “tube” is actually a triangular box - no surcharge but it is not free for Fed Ex ground. You have to buy those from Fed Ex if you ship Fed Ex ground.

You can get free 36 inch triangular boxed from the U.S. post office and insert a hard round tube inside that box to protect your cues with no surcharges. IMO Fed Ex has the best tracking.