Fedor Gorst v Carlo Biado (Race to 120) 9 ball (Sep 16-18)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's game over for Biado.
I don't think anyone in recent times has won in one day from 19 racks down against similar calibre opponent.
He needs 59 while Gorst only needs 40. That means he has to win 3 while Gorst needs 2. 19 is near impossible to make up in 1 day against someone like Gorst
Against Orcollo , Biado was down 14 on Day 1 brought it down to 10 on Day 2 but still lost by 6 on final day.
Filler did win 19 in one day vs Aranas (Aranas won Day1 33-27 and Filler came back Day 2 to lead 66-53) but the gap in skill level between Filler and Aranas is much bigger than the gap between Gorst and Biado :LOL:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's game over for Biado.
I don't think anyone in recent times has won in one day from 19 racks down against similar calibre opponent.
He needs 59 while Gorst only needs 40. That means he has to win 3 while Gorst needs 2. 19 is near impossible to make up in 1 day against someone like Gorst
Against Orcollo , Biado was down 14 on Day 1 brought it down to 10 on Day 2 but still lost by 6 on final day.
Filler did win 19 in one day vs Aranas (Aranas won Day1 33-27 and Filler came back Day 2 to lead 66-53) but the gap in skill level between Filler and Aranas is much bigger than the gap between Gorst and Biado :LOL:
Yes, coming back looks unlikely at this point. Then again, Biado might still win, as he's a champion of the highest order, but even if he does, my money would be on Gorst in any rematch.

FYI, I believe Kaci led 15-1 in an action match race to 21 over Biado in about 2017 or 2018 at Steinway Billiards in NY and Biado ended up winning by 21-18. Carlo, a giant of the game, has got the ability for a big comeback, but there's only one guy in the world who I would bet on against Fedor in a race to 120 and his initials are JF.

Despite Filler's phenomenal 2022 which will likely earn him player of the year, anyone who doesn't think Fedor is in the conversation for player of the year has simply failed to follow the pro pool scene.

Right now, Fedor is very close to unbeatable in a match of real length.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Despite Filler's phenomenal 2022 which will likely earn him player of the year, anyone who doesn't think Fedor is in the conversation for player of the year has simply failed to follow the pro pool scene.
I totally agree. Fedor "hanging out" in the U.S. this year, and still being able to top the world money earnings list at a soon-to-be over $200k, is quite extraordinary indeed! Definitely worthy of POY.
And as far as a long head-to-head battle matchup against "JF", I give Fedor the edge based on his composure (vs Filler's). Gorst oozes confidence.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Omega TPAs haven’t really lined up with the actual play from past streams I’ve watched from them if they are using the same metrics as Accu Stats. Is it the same or something else?
No one but accustats uses their rating system. I do believe Pat made it available for anyone to use, providing scoring sheets and instructions on his site. But, the newcomers came up with their own methods. Thus, they are not comparable at all.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been watching SVB on the Sharks stream on YouTube and have really held my interest. 30 second timer that starts IMMEDIATELY, even after the break. One extension per rack of 10 seconds added to the time. I get the race isn’t as long but it still keeps it moving along And watchable.
Race to 21, 63 total over 3 days, is about the longest format that should ever exist.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I totally agree. Fedor "hanging out" in the U.S. this year, and still being able to top the world money earnings list at a soon-to-be over $200k, is quite extraordinary indeed! Definitely worthy of POY.
And as far as a long head-to-head battle matchup against "JF", I give Fedor the edge based on his composure (vs Filler's). Gorst oozes confidence.
I wonder if he will be kicked out of the country for 5 years like Busty and Dennis. Or, I wonder if he will somehow defect to the USA.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 9 ball, Filler and Gorst are likely the favorites, but one still has to give the nod to Shane in 10 ball until he is dethroned. He hardly ever loses long races in 10 ball because his break is so superior

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 9 ball, Filler and Gorst are likely the favorites, but one still has to give the nod to Shane in 10 ball until he is dethroned. He hardly ever loses long races in 10 ball because his break is so superior

and a gorst vs shane match seems improbable, since they're the biggest horses in the cuetec stable. i'd take filler over gorst in 9-ball.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's something about the way Gorst's tip contacts the cueball. It just sounds so perfect.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
What throne?

At the last two Bigfoot 10-ball Championships, Filler won at the International and Filler won again at Derby City, in which Shane didn't cash. Shane came just 17th at the 2022 World 10-ball. Has Shane won anything of note in ten-ball in recent years? Even pre-pandemic, JL Chang was wearing Shane out at ten-ball in action matches.

Make no mistake about it, Shane is a superstar of the highest order and is on the short list of the greatest players ever, but is there any evidence anywhere that he's the best at ten-ball right now? None that I can find.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea SVB has the all time best 10B break. And he can make adjustments given the playing conditions(most of the time). He’s the guy to beat playing 10B. He’s also playing imo the best pool of his life, or real close to it. He’s consistent.

Having said all that, he’s imo even $ playing Gorst or Filler 10B today. I can’t make him a favorite or a dog in either game-no matter the racking rules or other rules.

I’d love to see him play a long race with both of them. I hope he could win both sets as well. Those 2 guys are the successors to the thrown in a few years-unless something drastic changes.

I really hope they play. SVB vs The World😍😍💪💪

Fun to think about.

Best
Fatboy