Feedback Appreciated =)

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wouldn't it be a FISH? This is pool we're talking about here.

Ahh. This is true. In that case, maybe a pool player with cue in hand hanging out of the sharks mouth..and make the chalk blood red..a real attention grabber :thumbup:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I think it looks ok. My opinion is that all black where the grey is would be a step up. I think the best look would be change the black borders to red and make the grey in between the red borders black, leave the fish alone, he is perfect.:thumbup:
On a side note, is there a particular reason you choose white? I read the other thread and did not really see an answer. Will the chalk stick to tip good enough that there will not be powder marks all over dark green cloth? I have light green Masters that I really like, its different than blue for some reason, but it leaves powder trails/chalk marks all over my cloth, especially on draw shots, that really wrecks havoc with my OCD.

Careyp74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the shape, since I hate people that put chalk down sideways and upside down. Round chalk laid properly won't roll around at all. Also, would fit better in the side of your cue case compartment.

I think it is a bit much as far as graphics goes. Even the large letters are too much in my opinion.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
I agree with the notion of "too much gray / wishy-washy color"; the fact that the chalk itself is white -- white is a key color component of gray itself -- doesn't help.

However, most of a great white shark's body *is* gray, not white. So the color scheme in place does match that of the great white shark on the label.

The label doesn't "pop" as I'm sure Chris wanted, so a more bold color would fix that. The problem is, which color? Black would do, but with black being the other color component of gray, it would make the white chalk itself stand out even more -- the eyes would be pulled to the white chalk instead of the label.

I'm thinking blue would be a good color for the label. Blue as in the ocean, which you find sharks, and it would also match the blue in a lot of tournament cloths.

An expert on this subject that Chris might want to consult would be Mark Kendall, guitarist of Great White, and also a great player and reader here ("markgw" here on AZB). I'm sure he's got an opinion on this topic. ;)

-Sean

eddie8842

getcha some of that
Silver Member
i agree about the too much grey also, more black would make it look way better
and as soon as you decide to release this chalk whatever the wrapper looks like, i'll take a few
-eddie

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since I'm a big fan of your tips, I certainly look forward to trying your chalk. I suspect it will be very good and to my liking since I'm a Kamui fan. I'm a conservative type and the label doesn't appeal to me. Definitely a smaller font size would look better. Smaller white shark logo would be good as well. Won't keep me from buying the chalk but you asked for feedback. I'm guessing this won't be cheap chalk, which is fine by me. If it's going to be premium chalk, I think the label has to look classy to match the price. Just my two cents.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How about just Outsville Chalk, with your logo (blue and white and a little red?) -- no Great White (it might not always be white) and no shark?

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Needs brighter colors, and needs a flat on one side to keep it from rolling around too much. The flat shouldn't waste any like a cube would, but would still keep it from rolling.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take 6 cubes of the white please.... love the tips...I do agree with the people that said to make the paper around the chalk pop; blue or something is good. It would be better if you sent out some cubes so people could actually see them face to face and then give you a better idea of what colors would look the best.... I would gladly volunteer for this..

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you look into perforating the wrapper so you can easily expose the chalk as the cylinder wears down?

I happen to like the double entendre "Great White" logo/name. I also really like that you made the chalk white since it won't "blue" your shaft or ferrule.

As soon as you're ready to ship some samples, I'd like to sign up for a couple of cylinders. Just tell me where to send the funds.

Taek

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those stickers are going to be used on my case for when I shoot players down.. kind of like they did on fighter planes in WWII.... LOL I'll be in Chesapeake in October for the Open so maybe you could swing on by since my case is quite large :p

LOL Smart ass......

Thanks much, i was serious. I will stop by at the US Open. Thanks.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience chalk wrappers tend to quickly fade from all the handling. So I would suggest you go with a much darker color or it'll be totally white after a few hours play.

Lou Figueroa

Barnabus McDoug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My feedback repeats the general theme that I've read through the thread so far. The name is great and the logo is great. But, I do think there should be much more black instead of being grayish and I also think the text should be smaller.

As to the shape and color of chalk I'm on board for both. Just because the chalk is round doesn't mean it's going to roll out the doors of the pool hall if you drop it. It's going to tumble a foot or two just like everything else you accidentally drop.

If you send out samples please sign me up.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm fine with the graphics as they are. Any possibility of using a plastic coated paper that won't wear as do the others? I like the idea of perforations so as the cylinder wears the paper can be torn off....it'll cost more to make though.
The chalk will sell itself if it plays any better than Masters, Diamond or other major brands but not priced rediculously like Kamui. I'm absolutely in to try a few cubes once they're released. Mitch

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stop with the teasing Outsville! Please tell us when this is going to be released! The white chalk sounds like a brilliant idea, maybe put up a pre-order page once you are close to production.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I'm fine with the graphics as they are. Any possibility of using a plastic coated paper that won't wear as do the others? I like the idea of perforations so as the cylinder wears the paper can be torn off....it'll cost more to make though.
The chalk will sell itself if it plays any better than Masters, Diamond or other major brands but not priced rediculously like Kamui. I'm absolutely in to try a few cubes once they're released. Mitch

With the suggestions on darkening the colors and shrinking the font some I stuck the labels on hold while I make some changes... I was considering having custom tape ran instead of labels and I think I can get it in the straight tear version which would work the same as perforations and it is a slick finish so it should not fade with use.....