FEEDBACK WANTED: 2014 US Open

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
128 players for 9 ball=3 days tops, no bag pipes, wind pipes, just pool. Johnnyt

Last edited:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry makes a lot of money at his room while the tournament is going on, as he gets special permission from the city to keep it open 24 hrs. a day for the whole week.

There are some people that aren't from there that you'll see at his pool room that week that you won't see at the tournament venue. hardly all week. There is simply a lot going on at the room even when the tournament is still in progress each day. It's nice to have a choice as to where you want to be at the moment, the tournament or the room.

Not to mention as others have said, how would you have enough seating if you had it in the room. Plus if players are matching up all of a sudden you'd have to tell them, wait we have to clean up now for the tournament to start you have to quit now. You would just be opening a whole new can of worms for people to complain about.

Last edited:

yoyodude9000

Registered
Have the early stages at Q-Master. Then finish the final 128, 64 or 32 at the venue.

This way you can make some money at the poolroom, and once the event moves to the venue, you don't have to use the back rooms?

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have the early stages at Q-Master. Then finish the final 128, 64 or 32 at the venue.

This way you can make some money at the poolroom, and once the event moves to the venue, you don't have to use the back rooms?
I have gone to 18 US Opens since 1992 and I think this suggestion along with a smaller field of 128 and a smaller amount of added money is the best answer.

There are very few spectators from Sunday through Tuesday anyway. Play the preliminary rounds at Q-Masters (with free admission for spectators who will spend money on food and alcohol) and get it down to 64 or less before moving to a venue that is better for spectators. That way you only have to pay for the spectator-friendly venue for 2 or 3 days. And this venue can be a bit smaller because the number of tables could be reduced.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Try the Hampton Colliseum lots of malls hotels and etc. Plus, close!

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk