Feeling Points

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
I have a cue that ironically has the best looking finish I've seen however I've noticed that since I received the cue 2 months ago, that I can now turn the cue in my hand and feel the veneers or points?

Is this a common phenomenon?

Thanks,

Niner

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
No...the finish probably wasn't fully cured and the prep work for the finish sounds like it wasn't done properly...send it back and have them make it right...

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine Out said:
I have a cue that ironically has the best looking finish I've seen however I've noticed that since I received the cue 2 months ago, that I can now turn the cue in my hand and feel the veneers or points?

Is this a common phenomenon?

Thanks,

Niner

What brand of cue is it?...JER

TripXQ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finish problems

Many of the automotive finishes shrink with aging. Especially if applied too thick and not given enough time to dry between coats. Remember a finish dries from the outside in unless it's polymeric in nature. The same applies with glues. That's there is a setting time when nothing should be done, a curing time when some working can be accomplished, and then wait for final shrinkage to occur. Then and only then should final finishing and flexing occur to the product.

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have collected cues for the last 15 years and have probably had over 500 ranging in price from $100 to $5000 and i have had many cues that felt like that especially over time as tripx said.some super high end cues as well.i wouldn't sweat it.

Nine Out

THANK YOU AZBILLIARDS
Silver Member
2k Cue

It's a high end cue with a great looking finish I've heard climate changes can effect cues. The builder has EXTENSIVE knowledge in automotive applications and uses a UV booth.

You cant see it and it's not obnoxiously bad just there, YOU KNOW!

Niner

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know which cue you are talking about,don't sweat it.i had a Hercek that felt like that and many other high end cues.