Female Philippino Champions?

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
We see so many great female players from all over the world.... Chinese, Koreans, Americans, Germans, etc.. And, we hear about how huge pool is in the Philippines. So, where are the Philipino woman? Dont they play too, or is that taboo for them?

Pangit

Banned
We see so many great female players from all over the world.... Chinese, Koreans, Americans, Germans, etc.. And, we hear about how huge pool is in the Philippines. So, where are the Philipino woman? Dont they play too, or is that taboo for them?

Rubilen Amit is pretty much it. Odd isn't it? Soooooo many world class Men pool players...Yet the women are almost silent. There are some pretty good "girl" pool players...Most all wear slacks with a short haircut...and have a girlfriend, just like Rubilen. "Tomboy".

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I seen Rubilen played a few times. She has a very systematic approach to every shot. I would say she is the best in the Philippine.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
There's another young girl over there (about 14-15 years old now) who will be better than Rubilen. I forget her name right now. I think it's Gillian Go or something like that.

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
DSC_3808.jpg

Right you are, Jay! She is Gillian Go, currently an honor student at a private school in Quezon City.
She graduated Valedictorian in grade school. And I kid you not!

Friends, here is a post on Gillian and Rubilen - CLICK HERE.

Hope you like it!

AnitoKid

P.S.

PhilippineTeam.jpg

A pic of Rubilen Amit, Iris Ranola, and Mary Ann Basas with their coach,
Boyet Asonto, a few years back at 8 Ball.

Post is here: CLICK HERE

There's another young girl over there (about 14-15 years old now) who will be better than Rubilen. I forget her name right now. I think it's Gillian Go or something like that.

Last edited: